Overview Team Description:
The UK Legal Entity Risk Office (LERO) has responsibility for ensuring that UK Legal Entity Governance bodies have all necessary risk information and advice required for effective issue analysis and strategic decision making. The role spans all UK investment services legal entities, and in addition some participation in regional and global initiatives will be required on a project basis. Job Purpose:
The Principal will work with the UK CRO, wider UK LERO team, Line of Business as well as Functional Risk leads to formulate, coordinate and maintain an effective risk framework, including metrics, for the UK Legal Entities, encompassing all products and services offered by the company within the Legal Entities. Based in Manchester the incumbent will play an integral part within the UK LERO team. This role will require the incumbent to collaborate with stakeholders supporting the UK legal entities including the Lines of Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, Audit, Risk Management and Legal/Co Sec. The incumbent will contribute to the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management activities, client, product and process change risk assessments and risk reporting across the UK legal entities into the relevant governance committees. Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with other team members across all three lines of defence to achieve the highest level of risk reporting quality across all enterprise risks.
- Support the UK CRO when needed in communication and escalation of risk matters to legal entity risk committees, Management/Executive Committees, Risk Committee of the Board and others.
- To assist in overseeing the implementation of the Risk framework, methodology and requirements for UK Legal Entities, implementing global and international policy.
- To support the development of common procedures and processes for UK Legal Entities and help drive the consistent application of the Risk Framework across legal entities in the UK.
- Work closely with UK Legal Entity stakeholders across support and operational business areas in order to provide an independent review of the Legal Entity individual business units risks both on a business as usual and an ad hoc basis. This will involve supporting the UK LERO team members in providing oversight and challenge of the Legal Entity systems and controls.
- Support the UK CRO and UK LERO team members in contributing to the Legal Entity external risk reporting (to regulators or in annual accounts) i.e. ICAAP, Pillar III.
- Works with the wider UK LERO team on the compilation of the Risk Appetite measures, subsequent reporting and investigation/reporting to Legal Entity governing bodies on risk exposures relative to risk appetite. Supports review/re-definition of risk appetite statements (annually, or more frequently as required)
- Contribution and maintenance of the UK material risk profile through the legal entity Risk Identification process.
- Provide review and challenge of the UK LE Risk approval of change projects, i.e., new/ modified products, business process change, new clients, outsourcing etc.
- The UK Senior Group Manager must maintain an effective dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders across the corporation to support a series of legal entity focused continuous improvement risk management projects, as well as ensuring high quality routine and ad hoc risk reporting and analysis.
- Contributes to the organisation's compliance with the enterprise risk management framework by triaging risks and assisting with the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the control environment, remediating deficiencies, monitoring activities with moderate degrees of risk potential and increasing organizational awareness of the risk management framework.
- Supports cross-functional efforts to promote a strong risk culture.
- Contributes to the development of cross-risk reporting for management on outputs of risk management activities.
- Builds relationships with organisational managers to increase the likelihood that risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements will be completed on time, escalating where required.
- Relevant and broad risk experience across both financial and non-financial risk themes.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are required to interact across UK Risk and
with UK Executive Management as well as with the wider global risk function
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain confidence of stakeholders and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, has initiative and self-motivated is essential
- Knowledge of risk management, economic issues and regulatory environment; financial services / banking, investment services highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven track record of delivering
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.