Overview Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. Role Purpose
Manages a small team of database analysts responsible for providing database administration and related system support to meet the business objectives of customers. Responsibilities:
- Develops, manages and maintains quality database systems and takes appropriate corrective action as problem situations dictate.
- Directs a database management team in the analysis and design of data models and logical databases at the data element level consistent with the corporate architectural models.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Manages and maintains the data in all production and non-production databases and replication servers. Develops, enhances, and maintains quality database systems to support the client areas.
- Manages project plans and performance requirements, ensuring team has appropriate resources to achieve project goals.
- Maintains formal and informal lines of communications with management, the client area and subordinates to insure effectiveness in serving the client area.
- Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of the team, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback.
- Manages a database team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in all phases of physical and relational database development and management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus..
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.