Who we are looking for
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation. We are looking for an experienced Risk Manager to help maintain and mature our Technology Risk Management Programs. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with IT Risk, project management, and strong analytical skills. What you will be responsible for
As APAC Risk and Control Manager, Vice President you will
What we value
- Build regional / country / entity risk profiles to inform current risk posture and future outlook
- Conduct assessment, analysis and presentation to senior management / committees within the region
- Work with Global teams to understand / influence risk framework, represent regional needs and help resolve challenges
- Work with Technology Risk and Cyber Security teams on regional / global issue identification (self-identified, risk assessments, audit, regulatory) and impact on various risk profiles
- Engage global control owners and their teams to understand roadmap, risk reduction, schedule for deployment and impact to regional risk profiles
- Analyze and aggregate risk and control data as well as engaging with technology subject matter experts spread geographically
- Closely work with Senior and Regional Information Security Officers to ensure Technology and Cybersecurity risk is well understood, drive behavioral change and influence adoption of technology controls within the region
- Drive adherence and adoption of GCS / GTS policies and standards within the region
- Manage governance and oversight of remediation efforts for risk, control and regulatory issues
- Build business case and influence key stakeholders to deploy key controls across APAC owned applications
- Build close relationship with key stakeholders within the region and continue to act in advisory capacity
- Closely collaborate with Technology teams and risk and control stakeholders across the lines of defense, both globally and regionally
- Keeps up to date on relevant policy, standards and regulatory requirements
- Assist with driving a culture of risk and control management, transparency, and accountability
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and competing priorities, often with short deadlines
- Manage, mentor and sets performance objectives for your team
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Significant knowledge and experience in technology risk, cybersecurity risk and regulatory landscape in APAC financial services industry
- Technical understanding of two or more domains - Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Network security, System Security, Application Security, Cloud Security, Security Operations (e.g. Incident Management)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage team members, build relationship with peers and influence key stakeholders who are geographically spread
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities
- Attention to detail and a propensity to drive issues toward resolution
- Knowledge of frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, COBIT, ITIL
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Risk Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant technology risk, information security or audit experience
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CCSK, AWS, Azure)
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers