FNZ provides an opportunity to gain unparalleled experience working for an organisation with a unique combination of both retail technology and financial services at one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the global FinTech sector.
Working within the FNZ Securities Dealing team you will be shadowing the traders and learning about the trading life cycle and order management.
- Provide assistance to dealers with client instructions and trade requests.
- Order placement; direct engagement with brokers to ensure successful ETI execution.
- Order monitoring; Monitor for any equity orders that are rejected by the RSP, ensuring that the orders are then placed timely electronically or by telephone.
- Order life cycle; To monitor the progress of orders and also the receipt of manual / electronic confirmations from DMA providers.
- Production Monitoring; Carry out daily control tasks to identify any orders which may require manual intervention and ensure that these are placed timely and accurately.
- Effective communication; Investigate, manage and resolve any issues raised by clients relating to the placement of orders.
- Other tasks; to undertake any other projects/ tasks as may reasonably be required to facilitate the smooth operation of the company.
You may come from an investment background with previous experience in a similar role; however, these are also excellent opportunities if you are looking for your first step into investment management and trading. Person Key Attributes:
What we offer:
- Accuracy; to ensure that completion of daily tasks are true and accurate
- Efficiency; to ensure that completion of daily tasks are executed in a timely manner and deadlines are met
- Effective communication; to ensure that information is communicated effectively to necessary parties and in a timely manner for purpose of rapid resolution
- Record keeping; to maintain records as required to ensure the investment process is transparent to regulators and external auditors regarding Breach and reconciliation recording
- Procedures; contribute to and maintain relevant and robust documented procedures
- Information Systems; to make effective use of the Company's information systems that are relevant to the role
- Planning; to prioritise the work to ensure all activities are completed on time and within agreed deadlines
- CPD; to develop professional and technical knowledge and skills via training & development in order to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- Other tasks; to undertake any other projects/ tasks as may reasonably be required to facilitate the smooth operation of the company
What we are looking for:
- Be part of a successful company that continues to grow and expand into new markets
- Unique exposure to UK markets and a broad range of investment products
- Global career opportunities
- Friendly, open and motivating work environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully paid private health and life insurance plus other add on benefits
- Fully paid training & development opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working
- Volunteer leave
What will you need to succeed at FNZ?
- The candidate must have an interest in financial markets
- A desire to learn, pass regulatory exams and have a hunger to progress.
- Experience in using Excel for data analysis
- The ability to work accurately and to deadlines
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of FCA regulations (desirable)
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A 'can-do', adaptable approach. FNZ moves fast - you will need to be willing to learn new things quickly
- You will be a self-starter
- High level problem solving and quantitative reasoning
- Work well in a team and build collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail