Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com Department Overview
Nomura is searching for a Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence lead to provide in-depth intelligence analysis support and leadership. The candidate will be a member of the Global Cyber Threat Intelligence Team (GCTI), supporting regional and global security initiatives based in London. The candidate will be the primary lead for Global Core Intelligence (Strategic and Operational), Digital Risk related threats, including brand protection and reputational threats. The candidate should have a strong analytical background Nomura is searching for rising leader to mentor global junior intel analysts and increase value to global stakeholders. The candidate will respond to relevant threats by producing intelligence reports, manage digital risk alerts, as well as briefing senior management. The candidate will produce a variety of finished intelligence products to support stakeholders and business lines, and help create mitigation strategies for known threats. The candidate will have excellent communication skills and work with teams across the globe on a daily basis.Responsibilities:
In this position the Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is expected to:
- Analyse, collect, process, and compare data points to produce intelligence products.
- Understand threats under the Digital Risks banner and develop measures to protect against them
- Builds and tracks TTPs to help in prioritization of detection creation for the Detection Engineering team
- Mentors junior threat intelligence professionals in intelligence analysis techniques
- Work with Attack Surface tools and team to model threat actor risk prioritization
- Collaborate with purple and red team engagements
- Expands third party and supply chain intelligence capability while collaborating with BCP, risk and others
- Monitors and maintains coverage on vulnerability landscape, responsible for intel reporting to VM and Patch management teams.
- Manage digital risk alerts and work closely with security teams to triage alerts
- Support and maintain relationships with global information security teams, brand, legal, communications, IT, Risk, Finance, Control and HR groups.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cyber threats to support current analytic operations and initiatives.
- Support intelligence automation and security orchestration efforts and maintain Threat Intelligence platform (TIP).
- Liaise with Internal security teams such as SOC, Automation, Red & Purple Teams, Vulnerability Management, Threat Hunting and others.
- Create, develop, and manage tools and scripts/process to assist in the monitoring of cyber risk, intelligence sources, and automation of processes.
- Develop metrics and reporting programs for senior leadership.
- Project management of Intelligence Lifecycle, including documentation.
- Occasional off-hours and weekend work required.
Nomura competencies Trusted Partner
- Must have 5+ years of experience in cyber threat intelligence, digital risk and security operations, or cyber investigations and incident response, including the analysis of malware, hacking tools, and threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures to characterize threat actors' technical methods for accomplishing their missions.
- Understanding of and experience with modern technical security controls and technologies, such as TIP's, SOAR's, firewalls, SIEMs, IPS, HIPS, web proxies, etc.
- Must be proficient with OSINT gathering techniques, dark web monitoring concepts.
- Knowledge of cyber threat intelligence models ((e.g., MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Diamond Model).
- Knowledge of methodologies and techniques for identifying, prioritizing, and classifying cyber threats.
- Experience tracking and understanding threats from: Nation State Threat Actors, Cyber Crime, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Malware, Vulnerabilities, Fraud and Social
- Engineering Techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must possess the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must be able to pay strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree required; higher education preferred
- Financial Industry/Banking Experience preferred.
- Relevant certifications (Security +, CISSP, GIAC, etc.) preferred
- Understand clients' needs and issues, and provide solutions utilizing Nomura Group company's resources, earn the clients' trust
- Acquire a wide range of knowledge as an employee of Nomura, instead of focusing only on one's own area of expertise; play a part in improving the company's services level and corporate value
- Take on new challenges for improvement and cultivate a corporate culture of challenge by driving change in business operations
- Ensure views are not biased, accept different opinions and perspectives, and collaborate with other members to create common values
- Provide appropriate guidance to others and act in a manner that places emphasis on the performance and growth of the organization
Right to Work
- Improve further the understanding and awareness of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions from a management position
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role. Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to ensuring we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome all applications and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.