Description About this role About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognises outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognised for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $10 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Team Overview
The Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) division is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock's portfolio management teams and clients. GAAPS is central to BlackRock's operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation fund accounting and financial reporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group comprises of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally.
The Private Valuation Team within GAAPS supports the investment valuation function for private, illiquid investments acting as the interface between the investment professionals, external valuation providers, accounting outsource providers, auditors, and Global Fund Services. The Private Valuation Team focuses on adding value by providing valuation oversight and coordination of valuations and supporting documentation. Role Responsibility
- Help drive the team process during monthly and quarterly cycles
- Manage workflow of data to 3rd party valuation firms; working with investment teams to ensure all relevant information is incorporated into valuations.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, problem solve, and mitigate risks.
- Initiate and help drive platform and process innovations to support fast-growing business needs, minimise risk, improve quality, and navigate the changing markets.
- Review and tie out of valuation templates received from third party service providers. Communicate any comments and coordinate sign off in coordination with Investment, Pricing and Fund Administration teams.
- Review legal documents to establish rights associated with new securities purchased.
- Prepare materials to be provided to the Valuation Committee and presenting findings to Pricing Committees and other management as necessary.
- Liaison with independent auditors. Provide support for valuations and answer questions as necessary in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Perform a review of fair value reporting provided by underlying managers and Co-Investment sponsors.
- Operate as part of a global team
- Bachelor's degree is required, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 2-3+ years relevant experience, private investment valuation experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of ASC 820 and IFRS 13, familiarity with PWERM, OPM, and Current Value valuation techniques preferred.
- Ability to work with and handle financial data and build summarised reports
- Experience building, testing and implementing valuation models.
- Natural standout colleague able to work in an innovative, ambitious, and fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Interactive Data and MS Office Suite as well as SQL, Unix commands, PERL, etc. is an advantage.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.