: London or Gurgaon Hybrid working
: (two days a week minimum in office) Grade
: 11 ( for internal purposes only ) The Role
: S&P Global Commodity Insights is the leading provider of energy pricing, news, and analytics. We are seeking a Managing Editor to lead our global container freight team. Shipping represents a key strategic priority for Platts. The container freight team forms part of the global shipping team, which publishes hundreds of daily freight assessments alongside commentaries and news covering maritime commodity freight markets. Responsibilities:
Essential Skills Required:
- Lead and manage the global container freight team in its assessment of freight rates and associated bunker charges.
- Working with the other freight Managing Editors in London, Singapore, Houston and Gurgaon, this position will be responsible for administering the day-to-day running of the global container freight team including tasks such as scheduling coverage and holidays.
- Work closely with the global shipping director to refine and drive the team's strategic direction, expanding content and coverage to meet market needs.
- Spearhead and direct the team's engagement with market participants, helping to build relationships and socialise Platts expertise in the container freight space.
- Work across commodity groups within Platts to foster collaboration in reporting and market engagement.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the commercial, marketing and product divisions to promote and support the container freight agenda.
- Triage daily issues as they emerge in the team. The shipping team is busy with many issues emerging daily. This position is crucial to manage the issues and see that they are dealt with in the appropriate manner.
- Ensure that emerging market issues which may require further investigation and potential methodology adjustment are highlighted and acted upon in an appropriate time frame. Shipping markets are volatile and require a senior presence to make sure issues are addressed quickly and efficiently.
- Act as the critical "second pair of eyes" function to ensure the price assessment process is being followed correctly, approving the publication of daily prices.
- Push down news coverage through the team.
- Facilitate a healthy flow of communication between the management team and the container shipping team.
- Ensure adherence to the IOSCO Principles for Price Reporting Agencies, working with the Business Controls & Quality team.
- Degree educated with at least three years' experience of reporting/ analytics or editorial management experience.
- Working to intra-day deadlines in high pressure environments. Our processes are daily and we have frequent intraday deadlines. Efficient running of the team will only be possible if the person filling this position is a master of time management.
- Strong at identifying improvements and efficiencies and implementing processes that continually promote productivity and quality improvements.
- Strong leadership ability which utilizes influence, and promotes team collaboration and development, as well as personal accountability.
- Proven management skills. The successful individual will be responsible for managing the container team's day to day duties as well as guiding their career development.
- Accuracy under time pressure. It is critical that we deliver accurate assessments to the market consistently.
- Detailed knowledge of how Platts assesses and covers shipping markets. This is to ensure that Platts processes are applied consistently and accurately.
- Proven public speaking abilities. This position will be an internal and external ambassador of what we do and must be an accomplished and confident speaker.
- Proven internal and external training capabilities. This position will be responsible for ensuring a consistent approach to methodology and training, in cooperation with the shipping management, will be a big part of this.
- Proven real-time news abilities. This position will be writing news and analysis on a real time basis but will also be responsible for driving news in the team.
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
- Knowledge of freight trading and chartering would be an advantage.
- Experience in price reporting and assessing commodities.
- An understanding of additional languages.
- Higher degree education, such as a Master's degree or PhD.
- Broadcasting/Presenting skills.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
278473 Posted On:
London, London, United Kingdom