About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. Together, we will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible.
This position is within our Investment Science Technology Team
, which is designing our next generation investor platform. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We are building a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and work with our investors. As a Senior Software Engineer,
you will build and maintain large scale data pipelines and infrastructure. Contribute to building sophisticated analytics, data platform and tools to enable research analysts deliver investment insights.
- Design and build out data pipelines and perform ETL on large scale financial data sets
- Partner with Data Scientists and Global Quant Researchers, and leverage Wellington's strategic tools such as Datalake, federated APIs to deliver on data and analytics needs
- Be a champion of business partners' needs and provide inputs into design and development of broader strategic solutions
- Participate in onboarding new datasets and supporting day to day data needs of investors and researchers
- Research and develop cutting edge technologies to accomplish organization's goals
- Timely communicate progress and any impediments of backlog items to various stakeholders
- Comply to IT infosec standards and mandates while providing data solutions to our business partners
- Strong AWS infrastructure experience with focus on data engineering services
- 2+ years of hands-on coding skills in python
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering (ETL, SQL, data pipelines)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins or equivalent), version control (Git), Orchestration tools (Airflow or equivalent)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills to work across teams and organizations
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying, testing in AWS public cloud is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in C# or Java is a plus
- Working experience with a financial asset management firm is preferred
- AWS certification is a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .