The Senior Editor will join the ferrous benchmark team in Asia and participate in daily assessment processes as part of a close-knit team. The job includes gathering pricing information and market intelligence, and then forming that information into price assessments and published market commentaries, news updates and in-depth analysis stories. You will also be in a thought leadership position, helping to develop benchmarks and new price assessments. The job will also include coaching junior colleagues and leading senior-level industry engagements. The Impact:
This is a key role, in markets where S&P Global Platts has strongly-established benchmarks. The Career Opportunity:
To become a market expert, the go to person in the industry, and to expand your knowledge of the Asian metals industry by interacting on a daily basis with regional producers, consumers, traders and analysts etc. The Team / The Business:
You'll work with the India/Singapore-based metals market reporting teams. Your Skills:
Proven analytical ability and comfortable handing numbers, exceptional energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced environment, written and verbal communication skills, analysis, and presentation skills Our Hiring Manager says:
This role will be responsible for producing one of Platts' most important benchmark assessments as well as a number of regional key price assessments.
- Assess daily steel and metallurgical coal and coke markets
- Gathers commodity price information, produce price assessments/indexes and writes commentary
- Assess the value of benchmark prices fully in line with Platts' rigorous and published methodologies
- Regularly engage market participants, helping showcase Platts expertise in steel raw materials, and helping to explain our methodology
- Reports news stories affecting structural market changes which affect price assessments
- Maintain high quality, timely and real-time stream of news and pricing feed
- Develops and maintains sources and contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
- Ability to effectively manage and develop price reporting coverage in the region
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or similar level university degree
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read and write Mandarin is a significant advantage due to the need to cover China's market
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft excel and large data sets
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to prioritize quickly and to readjust priorities throughout the day.
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277226 Posted On:
Gurgaon, Haryana, India