S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: This position creates real-time content and analysis of the regional APAC Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) markets as part of the global S&P Global Commodity Insights LNG team. The role is for a key team player in the Platts APAC LNG price assessment group, based in either Singapore or Tokyo.
The Impact: Develop LNG price assessments in the APAC region, with a key focus on Japan-- a critical market for LNG and gas trading. Maintain the company's high price reporting standards as you produce well-written analysis of LNG markets supply and demand dynamics that meets editorial guidelines.
The Career Opportunity: You will contribute to the development of the Platts JKM and WIM benchmarks and other spot LNG assessments. You will create analysis and other content about short- and long-term market trends in Asia-Pacific markets. You will gain exposure to the global LNG industry and its pricing dynamics, in particular for Japan, the biggest demand market for LNG.
The Team / The Business : You will be in regular contact with the LNG regional leader in Singapore, along with other regional news, pricing and analytics teams. The global teams work together closely in an often fast-paced environment.
Grade/Level ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10
Your Skills: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; 2-5 years of reporting/writing experience, preferably on commodity markets; good communication skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines; and strong English language skills.
Our Hiring Manager says: "The role's focus is to cover one of the most exciting areas in energy markets - LNG - in the region with the fastest-developing price benchmarks, JKM and WIM. The role will center on coverage of LNG cargo markets in Northeast Asia, in particular for Japan with its fast-developing downstream gas and power sectors.
Other areas of coverage would include LNG bunkering and carbon-offset LNG markets. The position offers the ability to be on the frontline of developing critical news and price assessments for LNG and gas industry participants."
• Gathers commodity price information, produces price assessments/markets and writes daily market commentaries
• Writes daily LNG news and market analysis for Platts' real-time alert services, websites and daily publications. That may include analyzing data and reporting on company and industry events.
• Produces regular well-written enterprise stories for various Platts publications. Expands depth of stories through research. Develops thorough line of questioning. Follows news strategy guidelines on readership needs.
• Establishes, maintains and nurtures key sources and maintains a source list that can be shared and leveraged across the organization.
• Develops knowledge of beat and related companies/market benchmarks. Develops diverse information sources (including documents; third tier sources etc) and a strong ability to interpret information from various documents.
• Regional travel and public speaking opportunities.
• BA degree or equivalent and approximately 3-5 years of market reporting or market analysis experience; or a graduate in journalism, business, economics or finance, with at least 3 years of reporting and writing experience.
• Well-rounded communication skills. Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration.
• Has good numeracy skills, research and analytical capabilities, with the capability of locating and interpreting a variety of information, and is comfortable mining and analyzing data.
• Japanese speaking ability will be a strong advantage
• Self-driven, energetic and ambitious
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
S&P Global deliver s essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 278418
Posted On: 2022-11-08
Location: Singapore, Singapore