Job Description: Job Title: Scala/Java Developer Corporate Title: Vice President Location: Bromley Bank of America:
We are a financial services company offering a wide array of opportunities across many functions. Our focus on the financial success of our clients - individuals, companies and institutional investors - shapes the way that we organize ourselves and run our business.
Global Technology delivers technology services globally across the bank's eight lines of business that serve individuals, companies and institutions. The team also focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management.
Innovation is at the heart of all Global Technology does. As a member of Global Tech, you will use leading technologies such as robotics and artificial intelligence, as well as improved processes, to build our business. The team has replaced core platforms and simplified its infrastructure to improve speed to market. Its private cloud provides an environment that is scalable and secure. Global Tech uses data and analytics to enhance service, provide solutions and deepen relationships. Role Description: Scala/Java Developer - Reference Data
We are looking for an application developer to join our EMEA Reference Data team within the Global Markets Technology. The team responsible for delivery of a wide range of technology solutions which support the reference data requirements for Global Markets business.
This is an exciting role focused on application development using some of the market leading technologies such as Java, Scala and Oracle, SQL etc.
This is a development-centric role and you will be expected to deliver technical solutions by managing all phases of software development life cycle.
- This is an application developer 100% hands-on role
- Analyse business or technical requirements and design solutions to develop business critical components
- Work closely with technical and business partners across the globe
- Responsible for application design, development, delivery and post production support
- Enhance existing application stack and act as application manager for some key reference data applications
This role offers an opportunity to work on some key regulatory programs within the Bank. Any prior knowledge of client/ product reference data domain will be extremely beneficial. The Team:
Reference Data team within Global Markets Technology Core Skills:
- Strong Java/Scala development skills
- Experience in writing optimized SQL queries
- Good understanding of unit testing concepts
- Strong understanding of software build/ release management skills
- Familiarity with development patterns
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications Technical Skills Desired-
- Python programming skills
- Familiarity with RDF and SPARQL
- Understanding of Reference Data domain
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.