A global investment bank are currently seeking a driven and motivated Market Risk Manager to work alongside the Trading desk to monitor and ensure their market risk appetite is maintained.
The successful applicant for this role will be responsible for the management of market risk and influence trading strategies.The Market Risk Manager will be responsible for:
The Market Risk Manager should have the following skills:
- Analysing the firms exposure to risks across the equity business.
- Providing recommendations and approvals for new trades and trading types.
- Completion of VaR analysis and stress testing for timely reports.
- Working closely with the trading desk on strategy and limitations.
- Mentoring junior members of the team on daily activities.
- Communicating strategy across all areas of risk.
- Proven track record in Market Risk management covering VaR and stress testing.
- Deep understanding of equity markets and derivative products.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of liaising with heads of trading.
- Experienced in working to short term deadlines in a high pressured environment.
- Willing to be based in London.