Job Description: Job Title: GMO Resiliency Senior Business Control Specialist Corporate Title: Vice President Location: London Role Description:
Global Resiliency & Contingency Support Specialist will support the Resiliency and Contingency programs and routines for Global Markets Operations. This position will be responsible for subset of the Core Operations divisions and is highly visible, working with all FLUs within Global Market Operations, GCOR, Enterprise and Key support partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the Global Markets Operations teams to gather and analyze key information supporting regulatory initiatives
- Ensuring consistency of information with other LOBs for senior Operations leadership
- Participating in Firm Wide initiatives (REIs) to achieve regulatory requirements
Identification of interdependencies across affiliates related to:
- Facilities/Real Estate
Preparing playbooks for the following purposes:
- Financial Market Utilities (FMU) stress situations involving BAC
- Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) Wind Down during both runway and resolution phases
- UK Entity Solvent Wind Down specific for UK regulators
- Reviewing Asset Traceability process/data for client assets
- Providing draft and final documents to discussion with senior Operations Leadership
- Supporting leadership in the development & maintenance of business continuity planning
Global Markets Operations (GMO) delivers end-to-end support for Global Markets sales, trading businesses, and certain shared services across securities, derivatives, foreign exchange, futures, options and commodities products for Corporate Treasury, Corporate Investment Portfolio and GWIM.
GMO Risk & Control is aligned to provide a centralized risk model driving consistency through an end-to-end horizontal risk management and oversight function, as well as dedicated risk expertise to support the lines of business and regions. The Horizontal Risk Function will provide a centralized view of GMO Risk, support ad hoc initiatives and risk assessments, together with the oversight and support of Resiliency & Contingency programs & routines impacting GMO. Core Skills:
Bank of America:
- The candidate will require 1-3 years' experience of working in an Operations environment. Regulatory, audit or risk/control experience is also desirable
- Analysis skills (data and process) - Ability to analyze data/processes and create professional, clear and concise presentation documents, including process maps, that identify key issues/controls, identify process/control gaps and provide meaningful information to satisfy regulatory requirement
- Influence - Ability to influence LOBs to facilitate accurate and complete representations of the process and control environment. Ability to challenge in a firm but non-confrontational manner
- Organizational Skills - Excellent Organizational & multi-tasking skills to support Resolution and Recovery process while at same time addressing variety of ad-hoc requests and issues as they arise. Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce accurate and complete analysis
- Communication - Ability to deal and communicate at all levels within the organization. Advanced written, verbal and presentational skills. Ability to discuss and defend Resolution and Recovery opinions to senior management and product line SMEs
- Control policy - Detailed understanding of operations support processes, procedures, controls and practices.
- Product experience - Knowledge across operations product processes and control environment
- Regulatory environment - understanding of the regulatory environment as it applies to the local jurisdiction specifically for Resolution and Recovery
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.