Job Description: Job Title: Senior Developer Corporate Title: Vice President Location: London
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions and has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. The company offers an integrated and comprehensive range of financial and risk management products and services, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America's responsibility platform and our employees are at the heart of this purpose. Role Description:
The role offers the opportunity for involvement throughout the software development lifecycle and will include development of major green field components. There is significant buy-in from senior business partners and the successful candidate will gain experience of delivering directly to the business. Challenges currently being worked on include producing consistent, consolidated risk reports spanning the whole FICC business, running high-performance ticking intraday risk for trading desks, and explaining PNL across the global business. The team development environment is Quartz - the bank's next generation trading and risk platform. Quartz consists of various pieces of shared infrastructure and code to drive consolidation across the trading business and break down business specific silos. Development takes place almost entirely in Python, with some C++ for high performance components.
- Successful candidate would be able to gain first-hand experience of a front office trading environment
- Successful candidate would be working in an intellectually challenging environment.
- Successful candidate would be in collaborative environment where people work together to master non-trivial challenges.
- Successful candidate can look forward to a range of challenging and stimulating projects are being run as part of the FICC Risk Quartz program.
- Successful candidate will work with a global team supporting a global business.
The FICC Risk technology team is responsible for developing risk solutions to the global fixed income, currencies and commodities business. The primary focus of the team is on building scalable risk reporting and generation tools for use across the business. End users include trading desks, senior trading management, market risk management and other middle and back office groups. FICC Risk technology is a global team of highly skilled and motivated developers using agile methods to iterate quickly and work closely with users to deliver superior trading technology. Core Skills: Key Responsibilities
- Working with a globally dispersed team of developers.
- Provide technical leadership, including design and code reviews on risk engine framework, including risk and PNL computation and "what-if" scenario analysis.
- On third level support and assist line of business development teams on a rotational basis.
- Point of contact in the region for the team.
- Programming in Python (or equivalent/similar programming languages).
- Understanding of grid/distributed/parallel/high performance computing concepts.
- Knowledge of FICC (Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities) products in pricing, risk and PNL domains.
Bank of America:
- Software development and testing, deployment and support using agile development methodologies
- Functioning as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables
- Solving real problems, and adding value to the business
- Communicating effectively with various stakeholders across technology and the business
- Team management experience
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.