Deloitte Corporate Finance Advisory -also called M&A Lead Advisory- provides corporates, private equity houses, owner-managers and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature.
The Life Sciences & Health Care ("LSHC") M&A Lead Advisory team in Zurich has enjoyed considerable success and remains one of the most active sector teams in our M&A practice. We have grown to 10 individuals and plan to continue growing to support our significant pipeline of dealflow.
Our team combines Corporate Finance skillset and LSHC industry expertise. The expertise of our team extends across the full range of sub-sectors in the LSHC industry, including: Pharmaceuticals, Medical Technologies and Devices, Digital Health, Digital Therapeutics, Healthcare Services. We work with innovative companies that are making a real impact on the lives of patients and across society.
In addition, we are part of the Global LSHC practice, which has been consistently ranked by Mergermarket as the #1 Global LSHC M&A advisor (by volume) since 2019. We can draw on experts from the other member firms of our global network to provide our clients with the highest quality professional advice and relevant M&A experience. Our global team includes over 12,200 practitioners dedicated to the LSHC industry in 99 countries and serves 93% of the Fortune Global 500® LSHC companies. The global LSHC M&A advisory practice advised on over 180 transactions over the last three years.
Working closely with our colleagues from Consulting and Risk Advisory, we are the reference sector hub providing expertise into deals across Switzerland and other markets.
Such combination makes us well respected in the industry.How you can make an impact
We are currently seeking Manger / Senior Manger to join our growing and successful team. You will be working across the Life Science and Health Care sectors on a range of buy-side, sell-side and capital raising transactions. Your responsibilities will include:
Who we are looking for
- Interacting with clients on complex M&A transactions across the deal cycle
- Driving day-to-day transaction execution, including preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, exit papers, valuation analysis and client communications;
- Overseeing valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis;
- Initiating industry research for both deal origination, preparation of pitch documents and transaction analysis;
- Coaching other team members on both Corporate Finance practice and Industry insights.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven and eager to learn every day more on the LSHC industry and Corporate Finance Advisory. You need to have good communication skills as we deal with CEOs, Chairman, CFOs, MDs, and investment decision makers on a day-to-day basis.
The work is challenging but rewarding, with each transaction generating new scenarios where innovative solutions are required.
- You are open and curious with genuine interest in the LSHC industry and can cope in a fast-paced, challenging environment, effectively prioritizing and handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in financial modelling and valuation methodologies
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with ability to structure and create compelling written documents
- Completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Health & Sciences Technology, Biology, Bio-engineering (incl. relevant professional experience in the LSHC industry)
- Previous Management Consulting experience, Strategy / Corporate Development, M&A, Private Equity, (incl. relevant professional experience in Mergers & Acquisitions in the LSHC industry)
Become part of a diverse, open-minded, multinational and highly motivated team where career development with work-life balance qualities is of significance.
We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines. We are a young, mixed, international team of motivated individuals where career development with work-life balance qualities is of significance.Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Consulting, Tax & Legal and Audit & Assurance. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment.
What impact will you make?How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on "apply now" to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.