Job Description: Job Title: Production Service Specialist II Corporate Title: Vice President Location: Bromley Bank of America:
We are a financial services company offering a wide array of opportunities across many functions. Our focus on the financial success of our clients - individuals, companies and institutional investors - shapes the way that we organize ourselves and run our business.
Global Technology delivers technology services globally across the bank's eight lines of business that serve individuals, companies and institutions. The team also focuses on digital banking, payments, infrastructure, data management and technology that enhances cyber security, and risk and capital management.
Innovation is at the heart of all Global Technology does. As a member of Global Tech, you will use leading technologies such as robotics and artificial intelligence, as well as improved processes, to build our business. The team has replaced core platforms and simplified its infrastructure to improve speed to market. Its private cloud provides an environment that is scalable and secure. Global Tech uses data and analytics to enhance service, provide solutions and deepen relationships. Role Description:
Application Production Support for the Bank of America's Global Banking Applications, primary responsibilities are identification and resolution of production incidents. Problem Management post incident resolution to determine root cause, mitigating actions, drive and track permanent resolution. Management of incident and problem tickets through the enterprise ITSM tool.
The role also includes
- Perform configuration changes and deployment of messaging flows in the Production environment; support of post-implementation validations
- Creation and maintenance of system, functional and reference documentation
- Carry out daily health-check activities involving application and systems/servers checks
- Ensure adherence to incident and change management processes
- Takes ownership of escalations and perform troubleshooting, analysis, research and resolution
- Regular engagement with Business & Systems Teams looking to adopt and apply the best practice of Service Support
- Engage in development projects focusing on process re-engineering and improvement
- Provide technical assistance to development and support teams
- Analysis of business requirements for business initiative; drive process improvements and innovation
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of SWIFT protocols (FIN/Interact/FileAct/Browse/RMA) and Market Infrastructures; messaging formats (MT/MX and ISO20022); PKI certificates.
• SAA Routing and Message Partner configuration and setups
• Familiarity with Autosys, Splunk, BMC Remedy tools
• Strong organization and communication skills (written, verbal), visual presentations, and effective listening skills to document/communicate issues, status, etc. to stakeholders
• Strong reporting and analytics experience; curious to dig deep into issues and solve problems.
• Experience with Change Management and BMC Remedy tool
• Mindful about risk management and supporting audits (internal and external), as these are critical applications for the Bank
• Ability and desire to think creatively to deliver business results both independently and as part of a global team
• Leads End-to-End maintenance responsibility of all production services related to technology. Work activities specific to Production Shared Services include: Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management.
• Actively engage and lead production support issues/incidents. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution.
• Ensure production and performance SLAs are met and escalate issues which needs attention.
• Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision.
• Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Shared Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, process improvements, standards and procedures.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests.
• Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques.
• Resolves complex issues. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
• Support of on-call rotation for off-hours and weekend support as needed. Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.