Who we are looking for
An experienced software engineer who will be individual contributor responsible for redesigning the current system to deliver a market leading solution front to back in OTC derivatives. The individual/s must have experience in developing derivatives trading and valuation systems. They will be working as part of the innovation team in an agile manner to first prototype then to productionize the various system enhancements working in conjunction with SMEs. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Developer you will
What we value
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop software solutions to meet market need and assist in managing the product backlog for their functional area
- Advise stakeholders on complex technical problems including specifying proper software designs and use of existing facilities to solve common problems
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in back-end technologies: Java, Python, and external facing API development
- Able to independently design specs
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with no oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work alone and in a collaborative team environment
- Experience developing event driven architectures
- Experience developing cloud native services on one the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience in Angular or React is a plus
About State Street
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers