- Support Function Head of PCMA IBQA to set the global strategy for and lead the implementation and ongoing delivery of a robust Quality Assurance function in accordance with the coverage universe.
- As a Quality Assurance reviewer for PCM, you will review primarily classified accounts across large corporate and commercial clients, including Early Warning Indicator (EWI) and monitoring of these accounts/portfolios
- Provide effective credible challenge during QARs to Business Region Heads and Portfolio Managers, as regards to classified reviews, triggers and process quality to ensure that weaknesses in such processes are identified and escalated as appropriate
- Support with the aim to ensure wholesale credit risks within the bank are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Under the supervision of the Head of Leveraged Lending IBQA, support execution of the following:
- Consistent and objective assessments during QARs
- Subsequent follow-up on corrective actions that were raised during QARs
- Synthesize and prepare quarterly Quality Assurance Scorecard Reports to ICG business management that communicate and measure results and identify negative trends and potential solutions
- Support WCR IBQA function in the establishment of WCR IBQA policies, procedures, risk assessment and controls to drive effective QA coverage and standards
- Support ICM Head of PCM IBQA Function Head to stay abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Support the Global Head of WCR IBQA on internal projects and initiatives
- Demonstratable quality control / quality assurance experience, including 5-7 years in banking, credit risk management, remedial management, loan review or quality assurance review function at an investment or large commercial bank
- Knowledge of Wholesale Credit Processes and organizational awareness, portfolios, and processes
- Strong background on core credit analysis for large corporate and finance industries to properly evaluate process and quality breaks within the quality assurance function
- Ideally, credit officer or analyst or operational credit risk background, with experience on day-to-day credit functions associated with analysts and risk approval.
- Coach, mentor and lead direct reports to develop team strengths and improve weaknesses
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
If you are keen to discuss further, please send in your latest Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personnel Registration No R22108232
EA license No. 09C5803