Description About this role What is the Aladdin Product Group?
You will be working on BlackRock's investment operating system Aladdin. Aladdin is used both internally and externally by many financial institutions. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and build a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Our development team's sit inside APG. We collaboratively build the next generation of technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets and supports millions of financial instruments. We perform risk calculations and process millions of transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide! Your Role and Impact
As an Aladdin FIX Connectivity Specialist Associate you will help our clients streamline their workflows and access new sources of liquidity.
You will be passionate about deploying and certifying electronic messaging solutions that span both the trading and post trade space for our growing number of institutional clients.
Deep engagement with our engineers, product management, client facing teams, vendors and brokers will help you to drive solutions that are both multi region and multi asset. This will provide opportunities to work on groundbreaking workflows that extend the reach of FIX to improve the Aladdin offering. Your Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our global trading and operations teams and Aladdin Business to understand and deploy connectivity needs across asset classes and markets.
- Build knowledge of FIX protocols and their application to financial services workflows within Order Execution Management Systems, Electronic Communication Networks and Post Trade Confirmations.
- Provide clear business requirements and liaise with the development team to drive the functional gaps through development and to the end user. Activities include defining workflows and specifications, liaising with development, testing internally and with the counterparts, deploying to our customers and training them when vital.
- Defining FIX requirements / specifications and propose new FIX workflows to extend electronic trading and post trade processes and protocols
- Lead multiple technology projects throughout the software development lifecycle - including release process, testing, certification, deployment and training, all while aligning with client SLAs.
- Work directly with Clients, Brokers, and Platforms to certify, build and roll out new FIX connections
- Manage full lifecycle of new workflows and FIX sessions onboarding
- Partner with engineers to bring specifications to life via the Aladdin product
- Track and measure progress for each electronic trading initiative to ensure we deliver outstanding capabilities on time
- Participate in industry events, panels and conferences to keep abreast of the market trends.
- Deep understanding and proven expertise (5+ years) using FIX messaging protocols
- Experience working and building relationships with clients, brokers and vendor partners on technology solutions using FIX Protocol.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, leading multiple projects and delivering within detailed timelines
- Understanding of other protocols such as FpML is helpful but not required
- Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, derivatives) and third-party trading platforms and services used to process confirmation and settlement of trades
- Technical aptitude or proficiency - Core Java, SQL, UNIX aptitude required (e.g. SQL, UNIX)
- Excellent analytical, creative, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent is preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.