At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions. We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
The Legal team of Asset Management & Investments in Zurich offers development opportunities in a successful and diverse environment. We observe high standards of individual behavior and business conduct and as the second level of control, we work closely with the business to support good compliance practices within the firm.
An opportunity has arisen for an associate-level Asset Management and Funds Lawyer based in Zurich and interested in working in an international and fast changing environment.
You will be part of an international legal and compliance department at a Zurich headquartered asset manager with investment teams in New York, London, Milan, Munich and Zurich and offices across the USA, Europe and APAC that has grown rapidly and is continuing to expand internationally.
In this role, you will work closely with experienced lawyers and compliance officers, who will seek to further develop your expertise and specialist knowledge.
- Contact point for legal advice on client on-boarding, investment management and advisory, product life cycle as well as distribution, investment platform and trading, contract law, and corporate related matters
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of legal documents and agreements with internal and external parties (e.g., prospectuses and regulatory filings, investment management and advisory and research agreements, distribution agreements, software and market data license agreements, outsourcing agreements)
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation as well as supporting business initiatives and projects from a legal and regulatory perspective
- Monitoring of the asset management legal and regulatory environment, analyzing business impact and working on the implementation
- Supporting other lawyers in the team on various matters, as well as the compliance officers in Switzerland and overseas
- Fully qualified lawyer (MLaw) or equivalent Swiss or foreign university degree with an additional education such as an Attorney at Law, PhD, LLM. A CFA or AZEK Certificate would be a plus
- 2 to 4 years' experience as an in-house Legal Counsel preferably in Asset Management or Investment Funds, but experience in Financial Services generally will also be considered
- Strong legal drafting skills, communication skills and attention to detail is essential
- Fluency mainly in German but also in English both written, verbal and at a technical legal level is essential, French, or Italian would be an advantage
- Recognized for your team spirit, positive thinking and solutions-oriented mindset
- Keen to find innovative solutions and to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to quickly grasp new concepts and situations, you are precise, structured and organized with strong analytical and conceptional skills
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .