Who we are looking for
The Securities Finance Enhanced Custody Operations team is responsible for the settlement, collateralization and oversight of State Street's principal trading activity. The team supports Front Office closely and regularly interacts with other Operational teams globally. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Securities Finance Enhanced Custody-Trade Support -Officer you will Role specifics:
- Processes high volume of loans, borrows, loan returns, borrow returns and mark to markets daily adhering to established procedures and controls.
- Interfaces with traders, fund group(s) and counterparts.
- Obtains information from corporate actions and/or sell desk on trade restrictions and relays relevant information to traders and brokers.
- Providing technical, market and industry expertise related to Settlement Management to minimize risk
- Developing new processes and procedures for new functions and products as the lending/trading environment changes.
- Providing oversight and escalation for our BAU operational teams based overseas.
- Ensure team is accurately and efficiently carrying out daily tasks.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to solve complex issues
- Actively commit to developing yourself and team members
- Support the team to collectively identify risk
- Share expertise and apply knowledge to improve processes within the team
- Ensure staff have a clear understanding of the risks inherent in the processes they influence
- Ensure team reports and escalates operation incidents in a timely manner
What we value
- At least 3 years prior Financial Industry experience.
- Experience of a high volume SF Operations environment
- Excellent knowledge of global settlement management is a requirement.
- Knowledge of FIS Global One experience preferable, but not required.
- Experience and knowledge with Corporate Actions events preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and unit workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adhere to procedural controls effectively to minimize losses.
- Take responsibility for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Ability to identify areas of risk and exposure, take necessary steps to protect Enhanced Custody, its clients and the corporation.
- Strong relationship management, decision-making, problem solving, leadership, risk management, communication and project management skills.
- Customer focus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successful candidate should be enthusiastic, keen to learn and be part of a growing team.
- Good communication, organization, problem solving, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Microsoft proficient.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer