We are currently seeking an Associate Director to join our client's growing and successful team. You will be working across the Healthcare and Life Science sectors on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions.Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading day-to-day transaction execution, including preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, exit papers, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for client communications;
- Valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis;
- Contributing to marketing and business development opportunities, including the preparation of pitch documents and attendance at pitches; and
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven and eager to learn. You need to have good communication skills as we deal with CEOs, Chairman, CFOs, MDs, and investment decision makers on a day-to-day basis.
The work is challenging but rewarding, with each transaction generating new scenarios where innovative solutions are required. We can be required to work longer hours to deliver to tight timetables, so being prepared to be flexible and roll your sleeves up is important.Your professional experience
We are seeking candidates with the following previous experience and qualifications:
- M&A lead advisory transaction experience;
- Ability to lead sell-side and buy-side transactions from start to finish;
- Experience/background/knowledge in the Healthcare, Medical Technology, Medical Device or Life Sciences sector is desirable (but not essential depending on other experience);
- Strong academics, including ACA/CFA or equivalent (desirable but not essential depending on other experience);
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of data quickly;
- Strong financial modelling and Excel skills;
- Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Logical and meticulous approach to problem solving;
- Strong project management and organisational skills;
- Ability to undertake detailed financial and commercial analysis; and
- The desire and ability to be involved in business development activities.
This is a great time to join this team, when there is still headroom for you to grow into a Director and Managing Director level role, with the opportunity to take responsibility for one of the verticals within Healthcare and Life Sciences.