Description About this role
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and its why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
BlackRock runs on Aladdin. It has always been at the core of BlackRock. Aladdin® is an operating system for investment managers that seek to connect the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time. Our investment software combines risk analytics with portfolio management, trading, compliance, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading, and operational scale. Aladdin is used by a community of over 900 clients around the world. There are over 100,000 end users of Aladdin globally. Through Aladdin, the firm offers to clients the same technology and intellectual capital that BlackRock uses to manage investments day-to-day. About this role:
The Aladdin Business is growing rapidly, with the volume and complexity of new client deals and strategic partnerships growing each year. We are at the next phase of our growth and are evolving into a platform focused business with multiple new product launches and external partnerships. Successful candidates will join in our efforts to help sophisticated investors onboard the world's leading end-to-end operating system for investment portfolios to see their whole portfolio, understand risk exposures, and act with precision. Your team:
The Aladdin Client Transformation Team is responsible for the installation and deployment of Aladdin & eFront related products and services, globally. Aladdin Implementations, including both institutional and retail assignments, are high profile initiatives that require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in redefinition of investment organizations. A typical implementation is at least as much about processes and implementing change as it is about investments & technology. We help clients achieve ambitious strategic objectives, which range from streamlining investment operations to integrating teams, to unifying their investment analytics & risk reporting framework, to modernizing their overall investment process. BlackRock's implementation model is unique in the sense that we take full responsibility for the Client going live on our solution. It also means that we develop true partnerships with our clients at the most senior levels, which continue to grow post go live. Your responsibilities:
- Understand client objectives and goals paired with strong emotional ownership to deliver on solutions utilizing Aladdin capabilities
- Engage the Client's key leaders to understand, redesign, and deploy strategic business workflows across the full spectrum of the investment cycle, including pre-trade decisioning, order management, trading, investment operations, risk management/compliance/oversight, closed-book accounting, or performance measurement & attribution
- Collaborate closely with the Client's senior management team (e.g. Chief Investment Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Head Portfolio Managers, Head of Investment Operations, Chief Technology Officer) and provide strong leadership throughout the Aladdin implementation
- Partner with Business Development to develop Statements of Works for prospective clients along with anticipated resourcing requirements
- Work directly with the Client to create and administer the implementation project plan, as well as the coordination of resources across multiple functional areas
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin functionality and workflows, as well as industry expertise (e.g., pensions, insurers, asset managers) to ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin products and workflows
- Work closely with the Client and Aladdin Product Managers to support client development needs
- Work closely with the Client and key internal functional teams to ensure the full range of capabilities are considered during an Aladdin implementation to ensure standard methodologies are achieved
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities, assisting in platform demonstrations, implementation pre-planning, or client due diligence, as a product/workflow subject matter authority
- Actively manage client communications regarding Aladdin product changes and configurations, as related to Aladdin onboarding
- Aid in developing improved practices to make the Implementation model more efficient with each new implementation
- Develop strong relationships within BlackRock Solutions and BlackRock to ensure the best client experience
Nice if you have:
- Deep understanding of investment operations, investment accounting, front office, or investment risk as a provider or practitioner, with 4-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience implementing scalable and repeatable business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships with internal and client senior management
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to manage several priorities with a hands-on approach
- Strong familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, private markets, derivatives), either analytically or via strong knowledge of investment life cycle
- Excellent creative, analytical and computer skills with an entrepreneurial approach to large, complex projects, and ability to execute autonomously
- Enjoys a fast paced, high-intensity and complex environment, troubleshooting time critical issues and working with people
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail; willing to take proactive action, and desire to roll up sleeves
- Expected to travel periodically, including international opportunities
- Track record of leading successful implementations of investment technology solutions (order/trading systems, risk platforms, operations tools)
- Working experience in investment risk management, fixed-income, equity and derivative markets and solid understanding of the investment lifecycle.
- Programming background or experience with query languages desired
- Served as a provider or market practitioner in the areas of portfolio management, trading, investment operations, investment accounting, risk management, or data warehousing
- Deep investment subject matter and investment workflow expertise
- Experience with order management systems, electronic trading platforms, or derivative platforms
- Understanding of investment risk (e.g., sustainability analytics, market risk analytics)
- Familiarity with buy-side institutional investment management process
- Experience with platform integrations (e.g., interfaces, APIs)
- Line management experience
- Project management experience (e.g., PMP)
- MBA, CFA, or FRM preferred
- SQL, Python, VBA experience a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.