Miryco Consultants are working with a leading asset manager recruiting for a Fixed Income Rates Trader.
This role will suit someone with a genuine passion for trading and a solid knowledge of fixed income to build practical skills from.
• Responsible for trading and managing risk in allocated sectors. Work closely with portfolio managers to set appropriate risk targets in the suite of fixed income index funds using a variety of analytical skills, market knowledge and working relationships with external partners.
• Actively contribute to trade idea generation, market insight discussions and process improvement.
• Undertake relative value analysis to create/execute trade recommendations.
• Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with sell side representative from approved market participants.
• Seek to continuously develop trading skills under the guidance of more tenured traders.
• Work closely with the Risk Management Group (RMG) to generate a variety of risk management reports on the portfolios including detailed information on the diversification, durations, and cash positions of the assigned portfolios. Familiarity with fund compliance, regulatory rules and investment guidelines is preferred.
• Identify and recommend process improvements through data analysis.
• Support the fixed income ETF basket creation process for both standard and customized baskets.
• Participate in desk related project work; focused on process improvement and with a value-added outcome.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Progress towards MBA or CFA preferred.
• Four years related work experience, preferred within trading and/or portfolio management within Fixed Income.
• Two years' experience in understanding and analysing data using statistical software (e.g., Python)
• Detail orientated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment