We are looking for a Qualified Actuary to join our Reporting Team as a Reporting Manager.
In this role you will manage the Reporting Team within L&G Retirement (LGR) and take accountability for the production and consolidation of various statutory, internal and external financial results/reports.
You will also ensure that LGR Reporting, IFRS and Solvency II Reporting Metrics and any supporting analysis/commentary are provided in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality.
You will also ensure appropriate controls are in place to guarantee sound actuarial management and control of risk and liability within the Reporting Teams remit.What you'll be doing
What were looking for
- Taking ownership of the output from the Reporting team and providing timely and accurate delivery of financial metrics including; IFRS operating profit, Solvency II operating variances, risk margin, liability sensitivities and new business reporting.
- Ensuring that reporting decisions are documented and receive the appropriate level of governance.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders across the business including other teams in LGR Finance, LGR Investments, Group Finance and auditors. And ensuring that communication with these stakeholders is clear, concise and tailored to the needs of the specific stakeholder.
- Demonstrating an attitude of continuous improvement by taking responsibility for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. Including owning the development, implementation and maintenance of the team's reporting systems and processes and providing strategic direction as required. You will also ensure that systems and processes are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled.
- Owning the effective planning of all Reporting activities, such as prioritising the allocation of resources to meet the needs of stakeholders. This will also include the maintenance and development of reporting assumptions and methodologies. And ensuring the development and implementation of actuarial strategy serves to manage exposure to developing or unpredictable/volatile risk and liability.
- Taking direct responsibility for managing the Reporting Team, which will include actively coaching, managing, motivating and developing team members at all levels in a consistent manner to maximise the performance of the area.
- Prioritising and implementing system, process and methodology changes as required for the ongoing production of the IFRS and Solvency II results and analysis.
- Working closely with other teams within LGR Finance and Group Finance to support the wider change agenda of L&G.
- Demonstrating a risk and control mind set through proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensuring that all such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively.
- A Qualified Actuary (ideally with previous experience in life insurance.)
- Demonstrable experience of leading actuarial teams.
- Comprehensive IFRS and Solvency II Reporting experience.
- A good understanding of IFRS, EC and Solvency II Reporting Metrics, Bulk and individual annuity products, the UK finance sector, Risk and regulatory requirements and Insurance accounting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness.
- Team management, stakeholder management and mentoring experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in reviewing processes and implementing improvements.
When you commit to Legal & General, we'll commit to you too. That means we'll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you'll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We're also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You'll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of - both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.