Remote / UK / Contract / 6+ months minimum / £630 / Long-term projectThe Person
Well versed at designing and building big data pipelines with machine learning workloads which are repeatable and scalable for extremely large datasets.Roles & ResponsibilitiesClient Project Delivery:
A Lead Machine Learning Engineer would typically manage a team of engineers on specific engagements or workstreams, focused on productionising existing AI solutions designed for processing large data sets (eg, using a Hadoop framework) that accelerate our clients' digital journeys. This could include refactoring and optimising existing solution, automating & productionising AI pipelines, and deploying solution into the cloud with best practices, scalability, and auditability in mind.Business Development:
Work collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to show the art of the possible and to assess possible value and feasibility of applying data science to help solve specific business problems. This could include demoing to prospective clients, developing data strategies, leading feasibility studies, and supporting RFP responses.Asset Development:
Build data science assets (aka accelerators'), in line with our UK and/or global strategy, to ensure we have the platforms and core assets in place to meet market demand. This could also include supporting our continuous improvement process around our own design and development processes eg about how we ensure the high quality that our clients require in an efficient manner.
Collaboration: Liaise with our advanced data engineering and cloud engineering team for architecture design and model deployment to jointly build solutions and products that will interoperate seamlessly with other elements of the broader information architectureExperience with:
This role is paying £630 and is inside IR35.
- Deploying latest NLP techniques such as Transformer Models in production, with awareness of the challenges.
- Creating performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of Data Science solutions
- Conceptualising necessary data governance models to support the technical solution and assure the veracity of the data
- Working collaboratively with other members of the Data Science, Data Engineering and Information Architecture teams to innovate and create compelling data-centric stories and experiences
- Proficient with programming languages in Big Data platforms, like Python, R, Scala
- Knowledge on at least one of the mainstream deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Understanding software development best practices
- GCP platform: Dataflow, Composer, BigQuery, Vertex AI or similar techniques in other cloud platforms
- MLOps - MLFlow, Kubeflow, BentoML or similar
- Productionising machine learning pipelines with Apache Beam and Apache Airflow
- Track record in staying conversant in new analytic technologies, architectures, and languages - where necessary - for storing, processing, and manipulating this type of data
- Demonstrated Data Science consultancy skills, eg running hypotheses workshops, mentoring more junior team members, preparing reports and presenting data science results.
- Skilled to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organization
- Planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high-performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively and in an agile way
- Team management experience preferred