Given its growth prospects, the Commercial Real Estate & Infrastructure Fund Management Controlling Group team of AXA IM - Real Assets is looking for two Financial Controllers to join its London office. We are looking for a dynamic, rigorous, motivated team-player with previous experience in real estate, debt or in finance to be part of our expanding team.
Two positions are available.
Its core focus is structured across two main responsibilities: Corporate and Asset Management Monitoring.
The role will involve liaising with parties both within and outside the organization, managing transversal projects and requires an individual who has strong communication and analytical skills.
The successful candidate will be required to adapt as the FMCG function evolves and to assist in the role-out of an ongoing systems/controls/processes upgrade and the successful candidate will be working closely with a wide range of professionals within Fund Management, Legal, Client relationships and Risk Teams. Key Accountabilities Corporate Management
: You will be involved in the daily management of the debt funds, in collaboration with our fund management team. The main tasks include monitoring of the financial performance of the debt funds (IRR and Dividend Yield Calculation), Cash Flows, preparing investors' reports, managing our FX hedging exposures and overseeing the fund distributions (dividends and capital upstreams) and capital calls. Loan Asset Management
- You will monitor the performance and the evolution of the CRE and Infra Debt investments until their repayment. The main tasks include following up interest payments and nominal repayments, tracking the variations of the financial covenants (LTV, DSCR, Debt Yield) and handling consent/waiver requests from our Borrowers.
Main responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
Education / Qualifications and Experience
- Supervision and monitoring of investment vehicles and separate accounts for his/her business area
- Management of the investment structure including notably cash management, maintenance of the tax structure and compliance with tax obligations.
- Responsibility of preparation of cash forecasts and capital call / distributions determination.
- Asset Management including Closings, IPDs, etc.
- Compliance with fund / mandate documentation,
- Fund/Asset performance monitoring: preparation and review of fund cash flows (actuals and forecasts), reconciliation of specific dashboards (position, transaction, etc. in collaboration with service providers), Portfolio Management (incl. Waiver analysis), as well as optimization of cash held at numerous levels of financial structures,
- Working on recurrent analysis and ad-hoc queries with other departments among the firm (Client Servicing, Compliance, Legal, Treasury, etc.),
- Preparation of Infrastructure and CRE debt related tasks for multiple vehicles (covenants, reporting, repayments, interest computation, MtM, risk ratios, investment guidelines, etc.),
- Reconciliation of financial information (Simcorp Dimension) as to ensure the quality of the internally and externally shared data,
- Review and validation of partnership accounting, partner's capital statements and Lux GAAP/IFRS financial statements.
- Business schools, engineering schools or universities. A specialization in Real Estate AND/OR Infrastructure Debt is also appreciated
- Previous experiences in a financial institution will be appreciated (asset management company, asset service providers, audit firm)
- Proven financial, analytical, and organizational skills
- English and proficiency required
- Appetite for the Real Estate AND/OR Infrastructure Debt sector
- Team player, multi-tasking, rigorousness, desire, and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment and capacity for synthesizing and prioritizing
- Advanced skills in Excel/VBA. Knowledge of Simcorp Dimension is a plus but not a must have