This is a global team driven out of London that work closely with regional strategy functions across NY and Singapore.
The role will involce:
- Market and competitor analysis - on a quarterly basis they track what their competitors are doing. On a daily basis they monitor their competitors investments, hires they have made, market moves etc
- Strategy for the business whether it be optimisation, entering new markets, developing new capabilities -
- Ad hoc strategic reviews - to understand controls, processes, operating procedures and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Strategic PM activity - in terms of developing materials and MI for townhalls etc supporting the overall book of work for the chief of staff.
In short - this role is focused on the shaping of strategy and design elements of a project - but not execute; they will fall back and monitor/play an oversight role around delivery.
Background of candidate:
- Need to have WM ideally or private banking experience
- Ideally have done some sort of strategy consulting role - whether strategy team in a BIG 4 or from strategy
- Could have also done this type of role in house; possibly a corporate development type function
- Potentially take someone from an M & A consulting or transaction services function - where they have done analysis on WM firms pre deal.
*THIS IS NOT A CHANGE PM ROLE - THEY WANT PEOPLE TO SHAPE BUSINESS STRATEGY*