This role is with a pan-European real estate investment manager. Headquartered in London. The firm's track record spans equity and debt funds focused on core-plus and value add/opportunistic strategies. The firm is one of the most experienced and well-established private equity real estate platforms operating in Europe today.The Role
The business seeks to recruit an Associate Director who will work within the Debt/Treasury team in London. This position will involve working with internal and external of stakeholders involved in commercial real estate (CRE) debt such as lenders, law firms and advisors. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong treasury experience involving CRE and be familiar with related (1) unsecured and secured loan and security finance documentation as well as interest rate hedging and (3) transactional banking matters. The role will involve the preparation of external loan reporting (including compliance certificates, etc.), preparation and management of watch-list reports and pro-actively providing advice to head of debt on issues regarding loan performance, identify refinance opportunities and managed construction financing reporting. Role may also involve ad-hoc projects to improve ongoing loan and hedge reporting or transactional banking opportunities. The role is expected to grow into a team leader role focused on the service delivery to secured [and unsecured] creditors.
- Monitor, report and pro-actively advise key internal and external stakeholders on existing CRE secured [and unsecured] loan and hedge transactions involving a portfolio of mostly performing loans.
- Maintain and provide advice and recommendations to Head of Debt on issues relating to watch-listed and non-performing loans.
- Collect, analyse and prepare loan reports (rent rolls, operating statements, covenants calculations etc.) and other third-party information necessary to compile periodic scheduled loan management and hedge reporting.
- Review and analyse development finance documentation, review development cash flow and budget forecasts from Project Monitor reports vs underwriting assumptions and request drawdowns when needed.
- Support Lender credit function with details concerning any concession/waiver requests from the Borrower including reasoned advice and recommendations.
- Liaise between the firm's asset management, external third-party professionals including legal, valuers and property management companies and lenders
- Draft upon request, waivers of loan facilities.
- To the extent applicable, coach junior members of the servicing team.
- Monitoring of market developments and trends, analysis of impact on the bank's facilities, development and implementation of facility-specific measures in critical facilities
Key Skills, attributes and experience
- Substantial experience and a proven track record of having worked in a related Treasury environment involving CRE.
- Ability to confidently liaise with external stakeholders such as lenders, lawyers and advisors.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills and ability to understand complex secured and unsecured loan arrangements, hedging documents and borrower structures.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Must be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to changing business and client requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines while achieving high levels of accuracy.
- Experienced at monitoring and reporting on construction financing to Lenders.
- Strong skills MS Excel.