Energy Commodities Hedge Fund - Senior Product Control / Market Risk Manager
£90,000 - £120,000 basic salary plus exciting bonus potential and employee benefitsThe Opportunity:
- Newly created role at an Award-Winning commodities focused alternative investment manager. The firm is authorized and regulated by the FCA and very much a champion of diversity and an equal opportunity employer
- Working directly with a Partner of the business you will be responsible for shortening the lines of communication across the business, offering technical support to the COO, CRO, Traders etc., a number of which are also Founders of the business
- This role is technical in nature, with a focus on a wide range of Middle Office, Trading and Risk related activities
- Through your strong IT skills (Python / R / Excel), you will seek to proactively build tools to streamline a range of functions through process automation, production of effective Management Information (MI) etc.
- Additionally, through your technical understanding of Energy Commodities you will have a firsthand appreciation of the trading strategies and risk appetite of the Traders, who you will support with position keeping, risk management, trade reporting etc. ...
More specific responsibilities will include:
- Working for the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) on developing analytical tools and approach to providing "solutions" to the wider business
- Working with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), reviewing miss-pricing, ensuring closing prices and market observed pricing are aligned
- Working closely with the Traders on their positions and trade related queries
- Review and comment on daily PnL and Greeks position for Power, Gas, Oil, Carbon and Coal
- Review of estimate and final P&L and investigation of difference if present
- Perform daily trade allocations process and assist with the process of daily, monthly, and ad hoc settlements for European Power, Gas, Oil, Carbon and Coal Derivatives and Brokerage
- Investigating and addressing risk of non-processed trades
- Establish and run daily FX hedging processes
- End-to-end post-execution Trade Flows, this includes daily reconciliations between trades, executing brokers, clearing brokers and Administrators. This would be supported by another team Ops member.
- Working with executing brokers and exchanges to ensure trading accounts, GUA and trading limits are set-up
- Daily reporting and portfolio data mining to respond to queries
- You will have a strong record of academic achievement (within a quantitative , combined with demonstrable experience working with Energy Commodities
- You may have worked for a hedge fund, investment bank, asset manager of broker - any environment where you have been supporting Traders who have taken on "risk"
- Through your practical experience of working closely with Traders, you will have an advanced understanding of financial derivatives and be able to add value to the business around Option pricing / Greeks etc.
- Be highly proficient in Excel / Excel VBA, Python or R
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and be able to work within a small and ambitious business where a number of the key internal stakeholders are Founders / Partners of the business
- Be versatile, proactive, team focused - a real problem solver
- Award winning Commodities focused Alternative Investment Manager, authorized and regulated by the FCA
- Highly ambitious business with a long track record of success, and a "vision" that the Founders are striving to achieve
- Through their mission, my client is seeking to hire top talent who can help to provide additional layers of corporate governance, product and technological expertise, and seek to develop a scalable infrastructure fit for purpose
- Hybrid working model. Beautifully appointed offices located within a true "landmark" building within the heart of the City of London
- Equal opportunities employer and culture that promotes both personal and professional development