Senior Global Equity Strategist
We are working with a leading global asset manager that is looking to hire a Senior Equity Strategist (10-15+ years' experience) to join their Investment Strategy team and to have full ownership of the Equity Strategy (regional, sector-level, thematic) view across over £100bn AUM worth of multi-asset funds, ranging from absolute return to long-only.
This role will report directly to the Global Head of Investment Strategy and will involve working very closely with the various multi-asset portfolio managers across the firm, while strongly focusing on idea generation (RV and Directional) within a multi-asset context, as well as having extensive client interaction and full ownership of the Equity Strategy view.
It is very important that the person who joins has a strong macro background, as well as a very good understanding of global equity strategy. A strong quantitative background is also strongly desired, although not required if the incoming candidate has the ability to closely interact with the quants on the team.
This is a purely macro-focused role (no bottom-up analysis) and the multi-asset funds are heavily exposed to equities, hence why this is a critical and senior role within the business. Criteria:
- 10-15+ years' of experience
- Expertise in Global Equity Strategy, including idea generation (within a multi-asset context), as well as having your own independent framework for idea generation and AA within a regional and sector-level equities context
- Strong Macro background and a good understanding of the interactions/correlations between the main asset classes (Equities, Rates, FX), as well as an understanding of Asset Allocation (Tactical and Strategic)
- Self-Starter and the ability to hit the ground running
- Strong ability to generate RV and directional trade ideas within a tactical (3-6 month) and longer-term (6-12+ month) context
- Ideally, a strong global equity strategy background, as this role will involve full ownership of regional and sector-level views across DM and EM globally
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to fully own and present views to large audiences, both internally (across the team) and externally (with clients and media)
- CFA Certified (Strongly Desired)
- Buy-Side and Sell-Side backgrounds will both be considered
- Strong track record of trade idea generation with regional & sector level equities, as well as thematic views
- Strong quantitative background and/or knowledge of Python or other programming languages (strongly preferred). At the very least, having a strong enough quantitative background to be able to communicate closely with quants on the team
- An extra plus if the selected candidate can bring some of their own frameworks that can have a positive impact in terms of risk decisions for the multi-asset funds, as well as regional & sector-level allocations