The IT Project Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness.
Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
Job Family Group:
- Responsible for the quality, scope, timeline, effort (co-related to estimation, CR's, complexity), resources (includes Business, Contractor, Professional Services (Vendors) resources as well as Operations),
- Develop and execute the overall project plan and analyze project proposals which impacts the schedule and budget variance which in turn contribute to meeting the overall objectives of the Program.
- Identify and schedule Program & Project/Work stream deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks. Understand interdependencies between Technology, Operations and Business needs.
- Stakeholder Management: Work hand in hand with Business Project Managers and Technical Delivery Managers to manage stakeholders and relationships - e.g. escalation, expectation, conflict, scope changes, etc. Ensure teams work in a collaborative environment.
- Keep management and project sponsors abreast of project developments, set up periodic reviews and prepare relevant documents to communicate progress. Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Scope Management: Manage all changes to the agreed scope of work. Review and assess all changes and impact to timeline and ensure all changes are approved by Program Steering Committee (PSC) or appropriate Governance forum(s), including any Design Authority, Product Committee or similar.
- Project Governance: Organize and facilitate portfolio related meetings for Digital team to ensure that overall Metrics are clean for self and the whole team
- Risk and Issue Management: Manage the overall Program risk profile, track risk aging, work-through escalations, change governance and related issues. Implement the risk mitigation plans. Resolve issues at the project or line level and escalate issues which cannot be resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process Adherence: Partner with relevant stakeholders in ensuring that the system development methodology (SDLC) is followed and the relevant artefacts are delivered on time with quality, in adherence to the development methodology/approach.
- Project Reporting: Measure, monitor and report progress to stakeholders at various levels of organization across the enterprise with the right quality and consistency in content. Implement Project & Program communication plans and review status reports prepared by Project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Oversees all technology components of diverse, moderately complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost.
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
- Contributes to formulation of strategies for IT project leadership and other functional areas.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the IT project leadership area through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Proven capability of leading teams across sites and geographies.
- A confident and self-aware leader with a high degree of independence.
- Direct responsibility of Project / Program budgets of $1 - $2 million.
- Executive-level communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
- High level of drive, integrity, persistence, edge, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity
- Ability to influence, negotiate, lead and work as a team player to deliver
- 8 -12 years Technology project management experience, including large-scale Project & Program Management.
- Strong Technology understanding to effectively engage with Application and Infrastructure team to be able to drive the project execution & delivery.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Technology Job Family:
Technology Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting