The Reward Manager is responsible for:
- Working with Senior Management and Head Office to implement the Reward strategy for ABN AMRO in the UK noting that Compensation is primarily lead from Head Office and Benefits locally in the UK by this role
- Maintaining working knowledge of UK regulatory requirements as they relate to Reward and sharing that knowledge with NL Reward and Senior Management
- Taking ownership for the local reward process
- Implementing a structure to ensure appropriate governance and control in all financial related HR activities
- Direct line management Payroll and Benefits Administrator
- Work with Procurement and the Country Head of HR to lead the selection and management of third party suppliers relating to the Reward function.
- Manage the annual processing and evaluation of the Bank's benefits portfolio as well as an ad hoc scheme changes that are required, adhering to delivery and communication timetables.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the benefits administration
- Ensure the schemes premiums are paid in a timely manner.
- Work alongside 3rd party benefit administrator/advisors and manage ongoing relationships
- Take ownership of the local reward process including payroll, job harmonisation, salary and benefits benchmarking and survey activity. In conjunction with the Country Head of HR, manage the annual salary and bonus reviews.
- Prepare salary/benefits cost for annual budget
- Monitoring and monthly reconciliation of all HR related suspense accounts e.g. pension brokerage, pensions, expats, payroll, tax, loans etc. Ensuring that reconciliations are signed off on a monthly basis
- Preparing monthly analysis of the HR management account for the HR Director of actual costs versus budgeted costs, including commentary on the differences.
- Overall responsibility for the payroll process. Ensuring payroll information is sent to the external payroll provider on a timely basis (and in line with strict authorisation controls), payroll is checked and the salary account is funded to ensure that salary payments can be made.
- Ensure payroll submissions are accurate, and be accountable for its accuracy
- Ensure all changes are entered accurately and in a timely basis on the payroll database
- Responsible for ensuring that all payroll transactions are recharged to the appropriate cost centre and that the uploading process is in line with the appropriate controls.
- Ensure all EXPAT invoices made through account payable are grossed up through payroll
- Ensure all EXPAT EURO payments are made through HSBC in a timely manner
- Maintain/monitor relationship with payroll provider
Policy and Governance
- Ensure all new joiners pension are processed correctly on payroll
- Reconcile the monthly pension contributions before payroll is finalised.
- Ensure monthly payments are loaded into the Aegon site for payment
- Coordinate Pension Governance meetings on a quarterly basis
- Manage the reward aspect of all people policies, ensuring standard Terms & Conditions and other relevant contractual documents are maintained
- Ensure all regulatory requirements relating to reward are adhered to
- Ensure that team are adequately trained on all processes and that SOPs are kept up to date.
- Assist the HR team to streamline and automate processes
- Managing the team responsibility for all financial, reporting and benefit related HR activities,
Annual HR Activities:
- Ensure that monthly analysis reports (such as turnover, headcount, vacancy, sickness) and ad-hoc reports are delivered as required
- Ensure delivery of monthly headcount reports
- Proactively review and propose reporting that might better support the business on an ongoing basis
- Tax year end administration
- Preparation of P11ds for all employees
- Class 1A NIC contribution calculation and payment
- Liaise with the tax department re PSA calculations and payments
- Calculate directors emoluments for auditors
- Renewal of flexible benefits programme
- Review all Compensation and Benefits processes to ensure they are compliant and up to date
Management and Leadership
- Work with NL to support the upgrade of the HRIS, ensuring the UK derives maximum benefit from the HRIS and other relevant systems
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Effective management of the Payroll Assistant
- Promote a culture of good conduct by demonstrating and communicating the expected levels of behaviour and integrity through role modelling, ensuring adherence to Company policies and procedures and encouraging a speak up culture, compliance and completion of all mandatory/regulatory training courses, including but not limited to SHARP
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCERequired employment experience / skills
Our core values are Care, Courage and Collaboration and we expect all staff to demonstrate these within their every day activity.We are happy to accept applications from those who are looking for a part-time or full-time opportunity. We will also accomodate flexible hours.
- Solid experience as a Reward professional
- Experience within Financial Services
- Professional manner at all times, with a good ability to interact with all levels of management, staff and suppliers
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to work in detail and also see the bigger picture
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Good working knowledge of HR systems and the administration around this
- Experience of liaising with external service providers for HR, pension and flex benefits in particular
- Strong understanding of HMRC and regulator rules/requirements
- Able to respond quickly and patiently to requests from the business
- It is vital that the job holder has a methodical and organised approach to their work and is very deadline focused
- High level of negotiation and persuasion skills