We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is looking for a seasoned corporate communications professional to lead its communications strategy in the UK, Europe and Middle East. This person will be responsible for planning and implementing a proactive media relations strategy focused on engaging key media to promote and protect PIMCO's business and brand.
This person will work closely with stakeholders across the firm - executive leadership, portfolio management, account management, product management, marketing, among others - to collaborate on media campaigns for PIMCO's thought leadership, products, strategies and other initiatives.
This position will report functionally to the Global Head of Media Relations in New York and regionally to the executive leadership in London. This person should have exceptionally strong news judgement, storytelling and messaging skills and be confident working autonomously and collaboratively.
This is a chance to be part of a small but highly effective global media team, where the ability to work autonomously, manage senior stakeholders and make informed, reasoned decisions in real-time based on excellent news judgment and the ability to prioritize are critical. Roles and Responsibilities
This person will be responsible for establishing and managing a proactive, sustained PIMCO "news bureau" effort with key media, including wire services, tier one and trade press.
Position Requirements: Qualifications/Requirements
- This will include developing a media relations plan to address opportunities and threats to PIMCO's business, drive awareness and manage perceptions of PIMCO in key areas of the firm's business. These efforts will target clients, prospective clients, key influencers and opinion leaders. This person will work closely with:
- The Global Head of Corporate Communications to ensure seamless alignment in strategies, messaging and activities.
- Global media relations personnel who are responsible for media relations around the world.
- The Marketing team which plays a key role in developing PIMCO's thought leadership.
- PIMCO's executive leadership in EMEA and beyond, providing honest and frank guidance and counsel on a range of issues from internal communications, broad messaging and specific and sensitive issues.
- Country heads and functional business heads to address their local needs relating to media relations.
- Country-specific communications agencies executing PIMCO's media strategy in countries across EMEA.
- A proven track record at developing and managing media relations programs either from PR agency, corporate or government roles.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Leadership skills to achieve the best results from a high caliber group of individuals
- Well organized, high energy/self-starter with the ability to work independently within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment.
- Experience managing reputational risk and advising senior executives on strategy.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, work well in a team environment, and have the ability to interact effectively with other senior level employees and outside contacts.
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach.
- Relevant experience in investment management or financial services is an advantage but exceptional judgement and understanding the nuances of media messaging and reputation management is more critical.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office