We are currently recruiting a Data Governance Manager for our London office. This role plays a key part in advancing Ruffer's global client base, currently in excess of £26bn FUM.
Reporting to the Data and Reporting Manager, this position requires effective management of the Data Governance Team to continue to develop the data governance function aligned to the Ruffer evolving strategy, positioning, and growth.
As the Data Governance Manager, you will be a key collaborator on multiple cross-department projects and will maintain and develop communication with stakeholders throughout the firm, namely across IT and finance.
Key tasks include:
Skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Collaborating with Reporting & Data Manager and wider business on enacting the data governance strategy at Ruffer
- Managing the Data Governance team. Developing team members including conducting appraisals and recruitment. Prioritising and assigning work for the team.
- Supervising data management in Aladdin as well as instrumenting static data in our current core system, Pulse
- Heavy involvement in the new core system project and implementation which will require regular collaboration with senior leaders from across the business and IT.
The individual is expected to demonstrate the following, working with our clients and colleagues:
- Absolute focus on client service, including awareness of cultural differences in working practices
- Exercise judgement, intellectual rigour and clarity of thought
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mind
- Emotional intelligence (adapting to, interpreting and engaging with others)
- Supervise development of Python / Jupyter notebook- based scripts which are used for reconciliations and pricing
Ruffer has been providing investment management services for institutions, pension funds, charities, financial planners, and private clients, in the UK and internationally since 1994. Our preoccupation is with not losing money, rather than charging headlong for growth. It's by putting safety first that we have made good money for our clients. Through boom and bust. Successfully navigating three major market corrections - the dot.com bust, global financial crisis and covid-19. In all we do, we seek to be responsible investors, fully integrating environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into our investment process. The Ruffer approach is unchanged from when the firm started in 1994. Our investment process is different to most. It is designed to protect and grow the value of our clients' portfolios - avoiding large losses and harnessing the power of compounding over time. Put simply, we take on the responsibility for managing risk on behalf of our clients.
Ruffer's single investment strategy is defined by two simple investment objectives:
- Not to lose money in any 12-month period
- Generate returns meaningfully ahead of the return on cash
We aim to deliver positive returns come rain or shine. If we are to be good all-weather investors, we cannot be dependent on the direction of markets. To avoid that dependency, we always hold investments in what we call growth and protection. We hold these alongside each other, changing the allocation to each over time. When the market sun shines, we expect our growth assets to prosper. When a market storm hits, our protective assets should provide shelter, defending the portfolio from a downturn. At Ruffer, we are committed to being good stewards of our clients' assets. To that end, environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations are integrated into our investment process. Whether it's climate change or indigenous rights, executive pay or workforce safety, we believe our considered approach helps us make better decisions. To the advantage of our clients' portfolios. To the benefit of the companies, we invest in. And for the good of the environment and society.DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Ruffer strives for a diverse and inclusive workplace where our staff respect and understand individual differences. To create a truly inclusive culture, we aim to recruit, develop, and retain diverse talent and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.