We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Account Managers are investment professionals whose broad range of responsibilities include talking to clients about a broad set of investment strategies, products and services (including alternative solutions), monitoring portfolios & communicating strategies, providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions, outlining the firm's outlook and strategy and developing investment objectives. Specifically, the account manager we are seeking will join the team responsible for fostering and strengthening client relationships with institutional investors in Switzerland and optimally has some experience in covering clients also in the alternative space (or has at least the respective background to potentially cover some of those going forward)
To further strengthen the institutional team in Switzerland, we are seeking an Institutional Account Manager for the Zurich office to cover clients across Switzerland:
- Business Development
- Responsible for developing client relationships with a main focus on Institutional clients (Pension Funds, Insurance Companies and Consultant Relations) and on a case by case basis also select GWM clients
- Client Servicing
- Responsible for fostering and strengthening existing client relationships with Pension Funds, Insurance Companies and Consultant Relations
- 3+ years of professional experience in the Swiss institutional investment industry (pension funds, insurance companies, corporates, investment consultants, potentially family offices)
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited university or an MBA
- Fluency in (Swiss) German is required and fluency in French is a plus (understanding Swiss German but only speaking High German would be OK as well)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or AZEK designation is a plus (or willingness to pursue upon joining)
- CAIA is a plus
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provided exposure to finance/capital markets, and macroeconomics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position.
- Business development, client relationship management or investment consulting experience is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical and mathematical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, self-starter, accountable, humble
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office