to client technical queries in relation to a full advice proposition, including offshore bonds, pensions and tax-led investments Responsible for a bank of Wealth Management, Family Office, and Transactional Financial Planning clients Assist in compiling financial planning and investment proposals, taking responsibility for any additional bespoke work being proposed such as cash-flow modelling Liaise with Financial Planning Administrators and Private Client Associates to prepare new client and annual review client packs Maintain compliant advice files in Practice Management System (Xplan) Attend client meetings where appropriate, and draft meeting notes for advice files Liaise with third party stakeholders such as accountants, lawyers and service providers where relevant to provide/obtain information for mutual clients Provide general technical support to Financial Planners and Investment Managers Keep up to date with FCA rules and regulations Complete monthly compliance modules in timely fashion before deadlines Participate in any projects and relevant business initiatives when required Continually look at ways to enhance operational systems and procedures to maximise efficiencies e.g. Xplan (practice management system) Subscribe to 7IMs declared Mission and Tenets, & to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiatives Ensure the 7IM VPVPs (Vision, Purpose, Values and Personalities) are followed throughout your working practices Other duties, as reasonably required by the line manager and 7IM
About The Candidate Preferable Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in a Financial Planning / Wealth Management administration role
- Understanding of the annual FCA ongoing suitability process and experience providing support with this
- Knowledge of Xplan (or similar practice management systems) would be beneficial
- Proficient in standard industry advice and research tools, for example: Selectapension; Cashflow Modelling (preferably Voyant), The Exchange; FE Analytics
- Working towards level 4 diploma in financial planning (or equivalent)
Other relevant information:
- Client focused, delivering a high standard of client service
- Must be proactive and able to use initiative
- High level of attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Team player
- Organised, with good time management
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to take responsibly and see a task through to completion
- Adaptive to change
- Confident and capable communicator
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel
- Reports into Paraplanning Team Leader
About The Company
The '7' in 7IM refers to the seven original founders of the business. Back in 2002, they couldn't find a firm they trusted to manage their families' money properly - big banks seemed impersonal and greedy, while most boutiques lacked the necessary investment process and structure. They started the kind of organisation they'd like to invest with themselves.
Their aim was to deliver steady returns over the long term, while keeping an eye on risk, using the best technology. They wanted everyone to have access to the kind of service and expertise that institutional investors would expect.
We've evolved since then. In 2015 Caledonia Investments joined us as a major shareholder. In 2018 we acquired Tcam Asset Management, a firm we felt closely aligned with our investment philosophies and multi-asset approach. In 2020 we continued our long-term growth strategy and acquired the award winning London based financial planning firm Partners Wealth Management (PWM). PWM will continue to operate as an independent company, retaining its brand, identity and leadership.
Our team, our clients and our funds under management have grown steadily over the years. From our offices in London, Edinburgh and Jersey, more than 400 talented people manage over £19 billion for a range of clients, including individuals and families, financial advisers, corporates, charities and trustees.
We still follow our founders' plan and aim to get the simple things right all wrapped up with real, honest, human service - that's what sets us apart from everyone else.