Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
We are currently seeking a strong Business Analyst
to play a key role, deliver solutions to our business partners, solve complex problems, and strive to advance and sustain a world-class platform. This position requires strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. This individual must be a team player with a desire and willingness to learn.
The Derivatives Systems Rapid Response and Support Team
works in a fast-paced environment and provides world class support and solutions to global derivatives investment, trading, and client teams across the firm. This is a great opportunity to join a strong team in a role focusing on the analysis and support of business teams and providing tactical solutions for a suite of derivatives investment, trading, analysis, processing, and settlement applications. This role offers leadership and advancement opportunities. We support a combination of custom and third-party vendor applications. Our application suites support the creation, execution, valuation, and settlement of OTC derivatives securities.
This is a blended role across Technology and Business operations with visibility into the full trade lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have ability to create synergies and build cross functional relationships. The key skills for this role include the ability to solve complex problems, attention to detail, a client-focused attitude, ability to innovate, and the willingness to take ownership of outcomes.
The Wellington Derivatives Technology Team is committed to providing robust platforms that streamline communication, decision-making, and execution of investment ideas and operational activity as much as possible. Our applications require a strong focus on detail and cross-team collaboration to support system integrations with many other applications.
- Provide timely and accurate solutions to portfolio construction and live trading support issues raised by investors, portfolio analysts, traders, and business operations staff.
- Coordinate client and custody Derivatives operations issues to functional teams and own regional operational issues until resolution.
- Develop strong relationships with APAC client custodians, with ability to communicate operational capabilities on both sides.
- Become a subject matter expert on Derivatives Technology applications, integration points, consumers as well as the Derivatives Operations workflow.
- Perform business and technical analysis both for solving urgent issues and for new requests
- Develop and maintain SOP's for new and existing processes
- Participate in design, implementation, deployment, and support discussions of Derivatives operations and Technology solutions
- Work with business teams, project managers, developers, and QA engineers to develop and review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype, and code tactical solutions for business users
- Author business requirements and support documentation.
- 5+ years' experience working in a role supporting investors, traders, and operational teams
- 3 years of experience with Calypso or other similar derivatives financial software system, e.g. Murex, Summit
- Strong knowledge of relational database technologies (e.g., Oracle) with strong PL/SQL skills
- Willingness to work across both technology and business functions in a fast-paced, and team-oriented environment while managing conflicting priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
- Experience in Java/Python is a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .