Within Global Market Operations, the Currency Operations team comprehends key functions in the Foreign Exchange Market, effectively covering front to back support for our business and clients. We are responsible for Middle Office Functions, that aim to ensure trading risk is accurate and trade flow exceptions are resolved timely; Confirmations and Drafting Functions, that aim to legally confirm our client's trades and ensure executed trades were booked accurately; and Settlements Functions, that ensure all Foreign Exchange transactions are settled in a timely manner, meeting our client's expectations. Various operational reconciliations are also performed to ensure every step of trade flow is accurate and without flaws. The team also executes various projects aimed at balance sheet optimization, operational efficiency and business enablement. All functions are performed with focus on risk management, efficiency and client experience, always pursuing better ways of doing things.
The team works closely with team members across regional and global offices to facilitate the above functions. The team support a cross section of products ranging from highly complex structured transactions to more vanilla trades. Individuals are required to develop a strong product, industry, and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. The role requires the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple activities and significant interaction with clients so communication will be a key asset; fast paced setting and ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Partner with internal teams - Sales , Trading, Credit, Technology and other operations teams to ensure issue resolution and timely confirmation and settlement
- Monitor and Process settlements for Foreign Exchange Transactions.
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Build skillset that comprehends Trade Confirmation and Middle Office Functions
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of the teams' processes and controls
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- Ensure that processes are continually reviewed and improved, risk is managed, and results are achieved that meet expectations for timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness within the Department.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Understanding of the Foreign Exchange market and derivatives, including the current regulatory environment is beneficial
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience in Operations or related field Risk and Control focused
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.