About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers....
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are...
Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the timely delivery of high quality and frequently complex technology projects. Work as part of a larger project team with both the business partners and technology teams to ensure that test plans include both functional and non-functional requirements. Document all test results and where defects are discovered assist in the resolution with the technology teams and business partners. Major areas of accountability: Design, Testing Execution, Defect Resolution, Customer & Industry Compliance Requirements, QA Practice, QA Champion. Role Responsibilities
How you'll spend your time...
- Design and develop the test approach, test plan and test schedule to effectively validate technology projects on both functional requirements and technical specifications. Write test cases/scripts, create test data and document expected test results. Design processes for test case automation and test execution. Review system specifications and documentation at appropriate points in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Define, track and publish quality assurance metrics related to each project.
- Effectively plan, manage and execute the testing process to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met. Maintain records of all test results using the designated tool set. Provide consistent and timely test execution status reporting to the project team and business partners. Review system and functional documentation as part of the testing process and make suggestions for changes or improvements where required. Actively participate in project phase end review sessions.
- Manage and actively participate in the test defect resolution process; including producing comprehensive defect descriptions, identify the cause, scope, risks and impact of a problem and facilitating defect reviews. Provide feedback to technology teams and business partners on design and usability improvements. Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process. Verify compliance of test processes on all projects.
- Translate business partner needs in to functionally sound test plans. Analyze and understand industry testing and compliance requirements in addition to specific business partner requests and needs. Participate in business requirements discussions, design sessions and functional specification reviews with the technology teams and business partners. Ensure that test plans adequately test the functionality, interfaces, performance, and data integrity of the project.
-Demonstrate an expert knowledge level of and be a vocal champion for the use of quality assurance principles, advanced testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances. Develop, continually improve and document the Ameriprise testing standards and procedures. Ensure that the appropriate testing methodologies are applied on all assigned projects. Incorporate industry standard quality assurance testing standards and tools in to the Ameriprise testing processes.
- Deliver quality process training to technology teams and act as an internal quality consultant to advise and influence business partners and the technology teams. Provide testing expertise and coach/mentor the testing team around best practices in quality assurance methodologies, practices and techniques (this includes more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as well as the broader technology project teams). Key Capabilities
To be successful in this role you will have...
- Solid software testing experience.
- Demonstrated use of advanced automated testing tools.
- Advanced user experience within the assigned technology domain.
- Skilled knowledge in testing concepts, tools and methodologies working in a highly regulated environment/industry.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience using version control systems and automated testing tools and using scripting languages.
- Expert level knowledge with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts.
If you also had this, it would be great...
- Functional knowledge of assigned assets - from both the technical and user perspective.
- Experience understanding and writing SQL queries.
- In depth quality assurance testing experience within the Financial Services industry (i.e. broker-dealer, advisor distribution, asset management, insurance, etc.).