The IF Portfolio Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- Completion of Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to support loan originations, annual and interim credit reviews of all loan products
- Performance of monthly QA sampling work, to self-test the business's compliance with its own lending standards under the Managed Control Assessment (MCA) framework; reporting of findings as required.
- Identification and escalation of red flags and non-compliance with business procedures, policies and guidelines to the Portfolio Management team leader to ensure timely resolution.
- Production, issue and tracking of monthly reports in support of the business including, but not limited to, timely completion of annual reviews, facility covenant compliance, past due interest and amortisation payments and others as required in support of effective portfolio management
- Support ongoing monitoringactivities of Investment Finance (IF) business practices including credit administration and portfolio management practices and procedures
- Liaise with IF Credit Operations and Independent Risk on credit administration support issues and collateral monitoring items
- Pipeline management
- assist with audit and Fundamental Credit Risk deliverables
- Monitor adherence to mandatory leave policy and mandatory training requirements
- Provision of portfolio MIS for various portfolio reviews and adhoc reporting.
- Support activities related to corrective actions
- The role requires good understanding and application of bank policies and procedures. Primary tasks include the following:
- Liaise with IF Transactors, IF Specialists and Credit Operations:
- In the set-up of client information, approved facilities, etc. on the CPB platform and the loan systems (ALS) ensuring accuracy/consistency with loan documentation
- To ensure efficient and accurate loan booking and ongoing loan management - check loan has been accurately booked including rollovers, amortization, final maturities, and past due obligations
- Work with Loan Ops to resolve all entries on the unmatched lines reports and other related reports
- Oversee the dissemination of credit monitoring reports generated by Ops (Credit Approval (CA) Annual Reviews, CA Extensions, Facility Maturities, Covenants, Line Excesses, Documentation Deficiencies, insurance renewals and Past Due Obligations) ensure these processes are kept in good order; timely actions are taken by the IF Transactor teams and past due items are appropriately escalated, reported and resolved per procedures; provide status updates to the Business Manager
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and adherence to policies and procedures
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of relevant CPB and Credit Policies and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of the core CPB lending systems - Credit Platform and Credit Approval Accelerator. Good working knowledge of supporting systems - OneSource and Document Management Systems (DMS)
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Private Client Product Services Job Family:
IF Lending Generalist Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting