Do you want to be part of a talented global team? Are you instinctively entrepreneurial and ambitious in nature? If you're determined to succeed, we can help you reach your potential.
Join Newton Investment Management, a leading global multi-asset asset manager that is part of the BNY Mellon Group.
Newton is a global specialist investor in listed green infrastructure and has a global mandate to invest in both mature renewables (such as solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, hydro and bioenergy) as well as emerging energy transition opportunities (such as energy storage, clean transportation, carbon capture and storage and hydrogen and renewables fuels). In an associate position, you will join the in the Mixed Asset team based in London charged with deploying capital into new investments as well as managing Newton's existing investments in listed infrastructure, renewables, utilities, US YieldCos, real asset focused REITs and other real asset investments. This opportunity has the potential to evolve into a portfolio management function over time.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- Build and run detailed financial models and associated analysis, for potential investments as well as existing investments;
- Work with senior investment professionals to pursue potential investments, including developing an investment thesis, preparing and presenting investment reports, and undertaking associated analysis;
- Maintaining industry data / summarizing publicly available information on a regular basis.
- Assist with the due diligence process and management of existing positions;
- As part of the Mixed Asset team, provide input to the investment process, relative analysis of investments and improvements to the process.
- Provide input into strategic initiatives to build out our capability in alternatives/real assets both in the listed and private space.
- Provide leadership on alternative funds and product development to broaden our core expertise.
Your experience within an infrastructure or private equity fund, knowledge of global funds management, investment banking or strategy consulting and strong financial modelling skills will be vital in this role. Experience in and knowledge of the renewable energy and infrastructure sector will be particularly well received.
You will be degree educated, preferably in a relevant subject and be able to demonstrate your thorough understanding of financial accounting, corporate finance, and business reporting.
You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be a highly motivated, proactive and resilient individual. Strong written and verbal skills in English are required with second language being an advantage. You will demonstrate sound business judgement and possess strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious team with strong track record where you will gain exceptional experience and opportunity to lead as an infrastructure investor. Our ideal candidate will come from a first-rate academic background and will have five years of experience gained from within another equity investor or, possibly, a leading investment bank, strategy consultancy or similar. You will bring transaction experience with advanced financial modelling and analytical skills and the ability to critically appraise companies, their markets, key value drivers and growth opportunities as well as risks. Smart, thoughtful and commercial, you will have strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, financial modelling and valuation skills, ideally with a real Assets and/or Infrastructure.
- Good communication skills: experience of meeting with, and presenting to, potential and existing clients is highly desirable. Internally, the ideal candidate will also be at ease debating their own investment ideas and the ideas of others.
- Genuine team player: must be eager to collaborate with other teams across Newton's investment function, comfortable trusting others and willing to nurture investment talent. Investors at Newton are open-minded, flexible and emotionally robust.
- Commercial attitude: able to help build assets in the sector. Take part in pitches, help with RFPs, build relationships etc.
- Fluency in German, Spanish, French or another European language is an asset.
- Qualifications: exceptional academic record; ACA or CFA desirable
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.