Description About this role
Business Unit Overview:
Regulatory Operations is a growing team who design, implement & lead on all aspects of BlackRock's regulatory processes. We continually monitor, review, and provide assurances that our regulatory obligations are fulfilled.
This is an exciting time within Regulatory Operations with implementation of new regulations and the opportunities to drive our business forward. We are developing systems and reporting capabilities alongside leading risk and working with key partners across the business to drive implementations. The successful candidates will play an important role in that evolution.
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys shifting challenges, thinks creatively, possesses the confidence to have an opinion, takes the initiative and thrives under scrutiny and tight deadlines.
Examples of the key regulations owned by Reg Ops include MIFIR, G20 Derivative Reporting, Regulatory Costs Disclosures and Form ADV filings.
This role is for a client experienced Analyst within the Client Regulatory Operations team who will be responsible for Regulatory reporting and the delivery of superior client experience for our BlackRock clients. This newly created role will involve working with BlackRock's client business to understand client intent in relation to new or changing regulatory requirements. In addition, it will involve assisting with prioritisation of challenging demands and developing awareness of industry trends impacting client regulatory reporting with a view to proactively drive improvements to our service offering. The successful candidate will grow subject matter expertise in the reporting regulations applicable to BlackRock's client and fund base and aid interaction with clients and prospects.
- Work with the client business teams to understand client regulatory reporting demands and prioritise ad hoc requests to assist operational teams in efficient delivery
- Partner with the relevant operational teams to resolve client queries, ensuring they are handled with due care and attention and responded to within agreed time frames and with consideration of the client's needs and expectations
- Handle the client regulatory pipeline, including horizon scanning, operational impact assessment and raise where appropriate
- Proactively engage with clients to identify new or changes to regulatory reporting requirements and to understand the impact to them
- Articulate BlackRock's current client regulatory service offering to clients and to internal teams
- Work with internal partners to develop solutions for clients, explore service capabilities and continually look for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved service outcomes
- Represent BlackRock in relevant industry forums providing subject matter expertise and thought leadership
- Partner Governance Committees relating to the above
- Exposure to many product groups and the full range of investment products across Blackrock
- Exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions and key industry forums
- Opportunity to develop within a truly global international group and firm
- Future development opportunities within Business Operations and beyond in BlackRock
- Experience of working in the financial services industry across a wide range of products
- Knowledge of Financial Services Regulations, Solvency II and costs disclosure requirements would be useful
- Experience of handling client relationships, positively influencing others and developing strong relationships with both clients and internal partners.
- Experience of risk management, prioritisation and resource allocation
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Consistent track record of working within complex environments with non-standard processes
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.