Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Summary
The post holder will help manage the delivery of key projects into the Customer Service Division, defining business requirements and ensuring that all potential project risks impacting the division are managed and mitigated.
Manage CSD System issues and change through to completion, whilst driving process and procedure efficiencies, improvements and cost savings where possible.
The post holder will understand and ensure compliance with Pension legislation and regulatory requirements. What You'll Do
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide 'Subject Matter Expert' representation for Customer Service Division on projects ensuring all business requirements are clearly scoped and driven to completion and any risks are highlighted and mitigated.
- Provide key input to high level and detailed requirements gathering, ensuring all system functionality, business processes and relevant products are considered. Review, feedback and provide sign off of the completed project related requirements document on behalf of the Business.
- Assist in the assessment of all incoming Change requests, Project initiation documents, Decision documents and Business requirements documents, ensuring that all impacts on CSD are fully considered, challenged, and effectively mitigated so that costs, risks and impacts are known and can be managed.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of robust, clear and concise training plans, procedures, checklists and briefing notes, ensuring all affected parties have a thorough understanding of all the project or system changes being introduced.
- Provide project post implementation support to the Business, complete an evaluation of the business impacts, including full cost benefit analysis of any defects identified and drive any key issues through to resolution.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all relevant business areas within EQ and our external clients to ensure that key issues are discussed and addressed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are met, and regulatory processes carried out by the statutory deadlines, to enable the Customer Service Division to remain compliant at all times.
- Manage and maintain any interim manual workarounds for the division, ensuring that the affected team(s) are fully aware of any intervention required into standard processes at all times.
- Ensure that all BAU defects are analysed, raised and appropriately prioritised from a CSD perspective with the appropriate Operations Team Manager.
- Create User Acceptance Test Scripts in respect of new project deliverables
- Complete User Acceptance Testing on behalf of CSD and ensure that all UAT defects are raised for triage by the Test Lead and all OCT Team Members are aware of them.
- Ensure the CSD Test Regression Pack is up to date with relevant scripts added or amended during or after project deliveries.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the functionality, operation and application of all internal systems, sufficient to efficiently and effectively complete work assignments.
- Provide guidance to the Operational Change Team Manager on sign off for test cycles or overall project sign off, ensuring the Operational Team Manager is aware of any risks or issues which may affect sign off.
- Understand the client's product offering in the context of the industry as a whole and talk confidently to our customers, both internal and external, whilst differentiating between regulatory and system constraints.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post Holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post. Who You Are
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer service focused environment.
- Demonstrable experience of producing information and documents to a high standard of presentation with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with and implementing Customer Service process changes, improvements, and efficiencies
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast paced office environment
- Basic experience of User Acceptance testing and Regression testing
- Basic knowledge of FSA, HMRC and DWP legislation and reporting
- Basic IT skills, with experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Effective numeracy and data analysing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of individuals and within groups.
- Ability to demonstrate applying the 4 EQ Values, which are Performance, Growth, Customers, Colleagues
- Willing to develop own knowledge in respect of systems, client's products, industry and regulatory changes
Additional Desirable Attributes/Knowledge:
- GCSE grade C or above, or equivalent, in Maths and English
- An extensive understanding of our full product range
- Understanding and experience of taking part in project initiatives with an understanding of project life cycles
- Basic experience of using an Illustration System
- Basic knowledge of Composer Back Office System
- Basic knowledge of business processes and procedures for administering Pensions
- Basic knowledge of business processes and procedures for administering ISAs
What you'll like about working here
- You will be given the opportunity to expand your career prospects within a supportive team environment, and as part of a rapidly developing organisation.
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences