About the role
We have a fantastic new role for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to join part of our Cyber Defence team. You will be reporting into the Cyber Threat Intelligence Manager, and you will be responsible for gathering threat intelligence via cutting-edge security technologies and other sources.
You will also identify, interrupt, and suppress threat actors that target the Hargreaves Lansdown enterprise environment. This is a great opportunity for Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to develop their skills in a FTSE 100 Financial Services company.What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Proactively identifying advanced threats that evade automated security solutions, to allow mitigations or enhanced monitoring to be implemented.
- Proactively hunting and performing analysis against available datasets.
- Develop datasets utilising cyber services available, also identifying gaps in data from the portfolio of deployed security tools.
- Leverage internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence on various attackers and attack infrastructure.
- Use existing security platforms to identify threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each and compile/report findings into a finished analytical product.
- Generate recommendations for system tuning/customisation and data collection improvements.
- Work with our Threat Intelligence and cloud platform solutions to identify threats, deliver or recommend countermeasures, and perform advanced network and host analysis in the event of a compromise.
Ideally, we are looking for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to have an understanding of security technologies, a curious investigative mind, a keen interest in keeping up to date with cyber security trends and the ability to communicate ideas to varied audiences.
We would also like you to be able to demonstrate: -
- Your experience in a Security Operations role, leading risk identification and remediation activities,
- An understanding of security concepts and principles, including network and cyber security,
- At least 2 years' experience in Security with a track record of successful accomplishments,
- Operational experience with threat hunting activities,
- Experience with computer networking and operating systems,
- Experience of current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends,
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
This will be a two-stage interview process. The first interview will be a competency and behaviors-based interview. The second interview will involve a task/presentation.Working Schedule
We are looking for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our team in our Bristol head office, BS1 5HL. This role is permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. We have returned to the office, however for this role we can offer a hybrid flexible working pattern to enable you the option of working from home and coming into the office.Why us?
Here at HL, we're the UK's number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 40 years we've helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
To achieve our mission, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams, and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.What's on offer?
- Discretionary annual bonus & annual pay review
- 25* days holiday plus bank holidays and 1-day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Flexible working options available, including hybrid working
- Pension scheme up to 11% employer contribution
- Sharesave scheme - have a real stake in HL's future
- Income Protection & Life insurance (4 x salary core level of cover)
- Health care cash plans - including optical, dental, and out patientcare
- Help@hand and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Gympass - gym memberships and wellbeing apps available
- Variety of travel to work schemes with free bike storage and shower facilities
- An inhouse barista serving subsided coffee and snacks
- Join HL's sports, I&D networks and volunteering groups (two paid volunteering days per year)
- LifeWorks Discounts on services, restaurants and retailers
* up to 30 days depending on role level & increasing with length of service
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. We'd love to hear from you!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis - please ask the Recruitment & Onboarding team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.