: Product Control AnalystDepartment
: LondonJob Type
: 12 months contractSMCR Job Type
: Conduct StaffCHENAVARI SUMMARY
Founded in 2008, Chenavari Investment Managers is an employee-owned asset management firm specialising in European credit across segments such as corporate and financial bonds, structured products, and private debt origination. Our independent, entrepreneurial team utilises a fundamental, value-based approach to identify investments within our areas of expertise. With
$5bn+ of assets under management we focus on four business lines; tradable credit, private credit, real estate and leveraged finance.
The core Chenavari team has worked together since 2008 and continues to make successful investments across various credit strategies such as corporate and high yield, structured finance, and illiquid credit opportunities. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Position reports to: Senior Product Control AnalystPRIMARY FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SMCR CONDUCT RULES
- Working with in the Product Control team, in command of morning and evening P&L production. Dealing with any queries and resolving any discrepancies
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting
- Assist with monthly fund estimates
- Assist with the production of monthly and quarterly investor reports
- Assist the team on projects to improve efficiency, drive process and technology enhancements
- Awareness and compliance with regulations and Chenavari policies
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Products covered include, Bonds, Repos, Bond TRS, Credit Derivatives (CDS, Index Options, Tranches), Futures & Options, Collateralized Loans, Private Loans.
These rules are applicable to every role at Chenavari. All staff must adhere to these rules. The Conduct Rules are:
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- You must act with integrity;
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence;
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators;
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly; and
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
Technical skills, required knowledge and experience.
- 1 to 3 years' experience
- Candidate must have hands on experience in product control within asset management, banking, or accounting
- Good understanding of P&L generation and NAV
- Knowledge of Products Traded - candidate must be able to demonstrate good understanding and practical experience in most of the products
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Will be required to use their initiative to drive change and develop the business.
- Work within a team to establish improved operational procedures.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTSEducation / Certification
- Strong attention to detail, highly organised and work accurately under pressure
- Analytical, driven, and quick learner
- Autonomous and independent, creative problem solver
- Anticipate potential issues and proactively acts upon these
- Sound judgement and able to always act with discretion
- A collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a finance or economics. Alternatively, equivalent hands-on industry experience