This list is indicative and is not intended to be exhaustive. The business analyst's responsibilities are therefore not limited to the below but can include:
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Settlements Expert: Being a go-to person for all back office questions and problems.
- Providing Support: Provide ongoing/ad-hoc IT Systems & Business Process support to all internal stakeholders (as required). To have a close handle on operational issues, quickly assess the business impact, and provide responsive operational support as necessary.
- Ownership: The ability to own and be responsible for all of the work you've implemented. To self-manage, plan and prioritise your work effectively.
- Understanding Requirements: Work with business, other SMEs and change team to understand business requirements and identify/comprehend all relevant issues in tackling those.
- Building Solutions: Design robust and scalable software solutions for new business requirements driving automation wherever possible. Have a clear vision of overall design from an early stage in order to guide the development.
- Driving Automation: Drive automation wherever it's possible and makes sense from a cost-benefit perspective.
- Developing Relationships: Develop, manage and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Delivering Projects: Work in partnership with the projects office. This may involve providing the required documentation, providing business cases, project planning, stakeholder management and communications
- 4 years or more experience in similar roles.
- Recent previous experience in a role which included Production Support is a must.
- Calypso v14 or later, essentially on all areas of Back Office, Reporting, and Calypso fundamentals.
- Business analysis skills including strong process experience and understanding of business analysis methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and implement business requirements in Calypso.
- Back Office knowledge and experience of solving problems specific to transfers, netting, settlement instructions, the settlement process, messaging (SWIFT and PDF), message setup, nostro management, cash positions etc.
- Understanding of the Task Station and how this may be used in a corporate and interbank capacity.
- Knowledge of SWIFT, experience in implementing requirements based on both custom requests and SWIFT standards changes, and troubleshooting errors.
- Experience of Collateral Management and Securities Settlement is not a mandatory requirement but a beneficial added extra.
- Banking and trading product knowledge.
- Analytical, with the ability to arrive at solutions that fit current or future business processes.
- Effective writing and verbal communication to deliver required documentation and understanding of business requirements.