Description About this role
Technology & Operations (T&O) is responsible for the firm's worldwide operations across all asset classes and geographies. The operational functions are aligned with clients, products, fund structures and our third-party provider networks. Global Investment Operations (GIO), a function within T&O, is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Professionals hired into this role will become intimate with all operational flows and operational processes, including architecting operational solutions and managing relationships with portfolio managers and traders, our end clients, brokers, custodian banks, fund accountants, administrators and more.
The Asset Operations team is a control function within GIO. The team is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of position records in Aladdin to facilitate trading, accounting, client servicing and other business functions. These goals are accomplished by performing a range of position oversight activities, including reconciliations, and partnering with custodians, transfer agents, prime brokers and other providers to achieve alignment. What You Will Do
What You Will Need
- Be a risk manager: identify possible risks and raise with management and stakeholders
- Take ownership of exceptions from start to finish by investigating exception root causes, partnering with internal/external teams to take corrective actions and following through until resolution is achieved
- Ensure reconciliations are completed timely and troubleshoot any discrepancies
- Contribute to a control-focused culture by building expertise of team controls and meeting standards in output
- Contribute to various improvement initiatives, including software and business process changes
- Understand upstream functions that impact position records and identify trends in exception causes
- Participate in meetings within the team and externally to communicate, expedite and prioritize exception resolution
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or similar field
- Basic computer literacy skills: ability to effectively navigate applications such as Excel, Outlook, Windows
- Ability to sift through data to understand what is relevant and analyse data to solve problems
- Organize, prioritize and multi-task to execute multiple deliverables
- Thorough attention to detail balanced with a "common sense" approach
- Communicate effectively by simplifying complex themes and tailoring messaging to your audience
- Collaborate in a team environment with an execution mindset
- Build constructive relationships with internal and external partners to achieve goals
- Manage time and adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Basic software development and data analytics skillsets (VBA, SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI) are preferred
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.