Role & Responsibilities
Background & Experience
- Undertake fundamental analysis, for a broad list of European investment grade companies, focusing on company fundamentals, ESG risks, and structural/technical risks that can impact credit quality, and in turn credit pricing.
- Based on your research outcomes, you will provide relative value recommendations (position signals) for all companies covered.
- Represent the credit process to external parties, and to work to continuously improve the global credit process over time.
- Continuous monitoring of credits under coverage will also be carried out, including analysis of quarterly results, corporate releases and news flow.
- The Credit Analyst will undertake timely analysis and communicate any material changes in credit profile to the investment team based on perceived priorities.
- Frequently involved in client meetings, new business presentations, and other external sessions, for which communication and presentation skills are required.
- Be able to evaluate (and act on) new issuance opportunities in a timely manner.
- The Credit Analyst will liaise with any of sell side analysts, sales coverage, traders, ratings agencies or issuer management to facilitate fundamental credit analysis.
- Develop relative value analysis skills to enable rounded recommendations encompassing both credit and relative value. These skills will be applied to generate investment recommendations.
- Work closely with the team's portfolio managers and analysts to ensure full coverage of appropriate developments in key holdings.
- Have a demonstrable track record of Credit Analyses from with an Asset Manager.
- A minimum of five years of experience in investment grade credit analysis with a a broad sector coverage, with relevant relative value credit experience.
- A strong fundamental analysis background to include financial analysis, evaluation of industry fundamentals, management/strategy assessment, ESG risks, ability to question company management, among others.
- Ability to assess the relative value of IG bond investment opportunities through the evaluation of risk-reward factors, legal structure, capital structure, bond covenants, technical/fundamental drivers, and the value of other issuers within a certain industry.
- Hold a high degree of integrity and level of confidence and professionalism in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to articulate their opinions on a credit, and any related investment recommendation of that credit, to PMs of different products by written and oral means.
- Able to communicate effectively and quickly, both orally and in written form.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.