Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Health and Safety Co-Ordinator who enjoys, and has a proven track record, of working within a health and safety role who is keen to take the next step in their career. This is a new role to support Schroders' expanding business and global reach and we are looking for someone with the experience and enthusiasm to enhance our team.
You'll be busy with no two days being the same and will often have to stop what you are doing to pick up something more urgent. There will be plenty of interaction with our internal clients in the business both in the UK and globally.
You will have your own responsibilities and deliverables assisting the current team to be a Centre of Excellence supporting all subsidiary offices regionally and globally.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our HQ in the City of London which was only completed in 2018 so is still very new. Its been designed with accessibility and collaboration in mind so there are many different working areas.
The Health and Safety team sits within Workplace Services so we have direct access to everyone who manages the building and services to our staff.
We each have our own responsibilities but also work collaboratively, sounding ideas off each other to try and ensure we deliver the best possible solutions. We believe everything can be improved so are always open to, and welcome, suggestions as to how we can do this. This also means we are very good at generating new tasks for ourselves meaning our work is never done, but it is always varied.
We're open to flexible working, so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments.
What you'll do
• Assist the Health and Safety Manager maintain a safe working environment at our HQ
• Complete regular audits of our HQ building and outsourced service suppliers and close out any issues
• Observe fire drills, create reports to include recommendations for improvement and follow up to ensure actions have been completed
• Create and manage a preferred supplier database for regular suppliers of onsite works to ensure they are adequately insured and have robust health and safety management procedures
• Review standard risk assessments, making suggested changes
• Support with the creation of specific risk assessments for non-standard events
• Manage the training requirements of emergency responders i.e. First Aiders, Fire Wardens etc. ensuring there is an appropriate amount of qualified people available at all times.
• Deliver HQ specific emergency responder training
• Ensure all health and safety communications e.g. intranet, noticeboards etc. are current, making recommendations for additional and replacement material and publishing the final versions.
• Undertake pregnancy risk assessments and provide any recommendations or equipment required to make the expectant mother more comfortable.
• Assist with the reporting requirements for Accidents and Incidents, investigating where necessary and maintaining statistics on the business' health and safety performance
• Support with the integration of newly acquired businesses and new locations
• Be main point of contact for our e-learning platform
• Compilation of all statistics and report writing when required
• Monitoring of local and global targets and proactively working to achieve them
• Research and creation of presentations, news articles, digital slides, standard procedures and guidance documentation
• Manage the health and safety inbox dealing promptly and appropriately with issues raised
• Maintain soft copy filing system and general administrative support as needed.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• A recognised health and safety qualification or demonstration that a course is currently being completed.
• A minimum two years experience working in a health and safety supporting role
• Relevant experience for the anticipated tasks
• Ability to effectively prioritise, manage a varied workload, and deliver on time
• Attention to detail and pragmatic problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent Office suite skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• NEBOSH National General Certificate
• Experience of delivering training/presentations to small groups
• Previous experience of managing an e-learning platform
What you'll be like
• A team player, willing to pitch in and help achieve results
• Self-motivated with a desire to achieve and produce excellent work
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible, curious and willing to learn
• A great communicator
• Friendly and enthusiastic
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.